Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first is a 1986 with all of 36,000 miles, original owner with original tires, garaged and recreation-ally driven by middle aged woman. She's tired of changing the battery on it every year, and was wondering what it might fetch on the market. NADA put it between $12-16K, and I was wondering if anyone had more specific feedback.

Red, black top, Spider Veloce. Good shape all around.

The second entry on our "name that price" is a completely different story. When you are driving, you can't see ANY of the dings, rust, or issues from the driver seat. 1990 Graduate, motor has no issues but used to overheat. 85k miles, but odo has never worked.

Rust is lurking, no question, it used to live in Rhode Island. Muffler hanging on (listen to that throaty sound!) by a thread. Lots of play in the steering wheel. Tires could use about 50k fewer miles on them. Loses battery every year, (do they all?). Bought for ~$1500 and have (clutch throw out bearing) put about $350 into it (that's not counting the car cover....). Top is actually in fine enough shape.

Wondering what to ask for this, as I'd like to maybe move up in the world with one that was in better shape..(although can't afford the one above...)

Any suggestions on both these would be most welcome!

(will try to post photos, couldn't do it on first try...)

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
The Red 86 will never fetch $10K to $12K. For a more real world price, see what mine brings on ebay in four days: Alfa Romeo : Spider | eBay

As for your '90 graduate, it could become a fun year round driver, but won't fetch too much with body, mechanical, and rust issues.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
What's it worth?

Regarding the batteries needing replacement every year, it sounds like they might both have some kind of ongoing power drain, because the batteries should be lasting just like on all other cars. However, if not being driven on a regular basis that would account for their running down, in which case some kind of battery tender or trickle charger could solve the problem, if there is an electrical power source available where they sitting.

John

·
Registered
434 Posts
My 2 cents...

$6k-$8k Range for the red one and the higher end would be a major deal on the sellers end.

$900-$1400 range on the black one again the higher end would be a home run for the seller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.