Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
John, anyone who has a good set hangs on to them. They come up regularly on Ebay (at least in the UK), search under "Trico Speedblade " wiper blades.
That's what they were called over here, and also Trico started making them for Carello. I've bought sets for all my Alfas and Lotus Elans before them. Have a pair on my current Ti Super Rep.
Originals can be expensive (£45pr upwards), and beware the repro's just starting to make themselves known @ £25. I looked at a pair, and didn't think they were anything like as "quality" as the originals.
The good thing is, once you have the basic blades, you can use refills to make them as new.
Steve

·
Registered
841 Posts
John, look on Ebay, there are a few in the States too. Just ask for a close up shot from the seller, and compare with yours to make sure you get the correct section. Most of that era were the same. I've refilled mine a couple of times ,
Steve

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
John, anyone who has a good set hangs on to them. They come up regularly on Ebay (at least in the UK), search under "Trico Speedblade " wiper blades.
That's what they were called over here, and also Trico started making them for Carello. I've bought sets for all my Alfas and Lotus Elans before them. Have a pair on my current Ti Super Rep.
Originals can be expensive (£45pr upwards), and beware the repro's just starting to make themselves known @ £25. I looked at a pair, and didn't think they were anything like as "quality" as the originals.
The good thing is, once you have the basic blades, you can use refills to make them as new.
Steve
good to know! very much obliged

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi John,

Are you still looking ?
The Carello/Trico catalog says that spiders had or 13"/330mm blades or 16"/400mm blades depending on year and engine.
If you're talking about a 1976 2l spider the blades should be 16"/400mm and not 380 mm /15". But as you mentioned, 380 mm will fit also.
380mm was for all Alfsuds. (Only the last Alfasud sprints had 400 mm.)

rgds,
Thierry

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thankyou Thierry some good insight there.
If there are any wiper blades or refills that someone can point me to it would be greatly appreciated.
John

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
John, FWIW TRICO, an American company invented wipers. Like tires, everything is measured in inches... (EXCEPT 400MM tires ????) The Spiders used 16" blades and the GTV's might be different so 105 ( 15"?) doesn't capture your needs since we don't know which car. I was lucky to snag some wipers that needed refills for my Spider ('73) and found refills made by BOSCH that fit perfectly and period correct once the original "not made for refills" blades shed their rubber.. PS: Like Bendix (Benditalia) Trico licensed companies like Carello so don't get hung up on who makes the stuff. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool advice thankyou. Hard to find the refills though as don’t really want to lose the blades and looking for appropriate refill of anyone has that type of info?

Hard to matchup rubber strips that were made in the yesteryear to that of today if you know what I mean..they are not all the same.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Cool advice thankyou. Hard to find the refills though as don’t really want to lose the blades and looking for appropriate refill of anyone has that type of info?

Hard to matchup rubber strips that were made in the yesteryear to that of today if you know what I mean..they are not all the same.
John, I felt your pain.. there are literally thousands of wiper configurations and now I feel like a semi-pro on them. I had the old blades which were not designed for refills.. but Bosch figured this out and came up with a solution.. I found them on Amazon. The part number was 43316 (16") and I bought two sets. They come two in a box and I had them in two days FREE shipping. I love this country! I suppose there is a choice in 15" and probably a part number 43315, maybe?

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-43316-Wiper-Blade-Refill/dp/B000BZL166/ref=sr_1_60?keywords=bosch+wiper+blades+refill&qid=1552743558&s=automotive&sr=1-60

The box gives you full installation instructions and you basically just "razor blade" the old ones out.

Also I found these but wasn't sure how they would lock into the "claw" of the wiper.. and they are 15"...
https://www.amazon.com/Trico-46-150-Twin-Rail-Refill/dp/B000CB2MM6/ref=sr_1_94?keywords=bosch+wiper+blades+refill&qid=1552743727&s=automotive&sr=1-94

also check this out https://www.amazon.com/Trico-33-150-Classic-Wiper-Blade/dp/B000CPZVTS/ref=pd_day0_hl_263_2/141-0941406-3867039?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000CPZVTS&pd_rd_r=167947f0-47f4-11e9-b40f-e948c6584ac1&pd_rd_w=MT5zV&pd_rd_wg=Duueu&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=FG8HB0C62JE66NZGXYCJ&psc=1&refRID=FG8HB0C62JE66NZGXYCJ

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool thanks very much for that.
This thread is more about insight and info.. some good research and information here.. many thanks to all.. I have a few offers and some great suggestions.
John

1 - 20 of 21 Posts