Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1983 gtv6 with the early type distributor with green ignition (amplifier?) wire. The connector plug to the distributor is going bad.
The wire is a 2 conductor with a shielded inner wire and unshielded outer bare wire that splits at the connector that plugs into the side of the distributor. It's causing running problems due to the wires interfering with each other. It is a sealed connection and I have no way to fix it. Does anyone have any experience? Trying to source a replacement but not having any luck. I can provide a picture if necessary.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
You have to cross reference bosch part on the net. You can get new dizzy internals including plug that slides into housing and shutter disc for about 40$. I don't know what the bosch part number for the gtv6 is.....

for example: here is the Beck arnely part for the 4 cylinder, you could probably rewire it for the 6 if you just need the housing plug...

https://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,catalog,31,partnum,1800223,d,BECK-ARNLEY_1800223.html

If it is the green wire plug that you need, these are harder to find, but I was able to cross reference a china one for about 20$, can't find it now though. It has to be the deep plug 3 wire version called 'hall connector' or something like that...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts