Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I have lost contact with the mob who did all the bodywork on my 1750 in the late 1990s and want desperately to find them so they can do some more. They were big in the local Jag club, but did high quality restoration work on all sorts of vehicles. I got just about everything done to mine except, because back then I was poor and naieve, only got the doors re-sprayed and not properly restored.

The main guy was Tom Armstrong and he ran Tingalpa Motor Body Works on New Cleveland Rd Tingalpa with his son Gavin Armstrong. The shop is no longer there and I have no idea where or if they are still in business.

...Alternatively, can anyone recommend a reliable body shop in Brisbane, preferably one that uses Spies Hecker paints.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Help!

I have lost contact with the mob who did all the bodywork on my 1750 in the late 1990s and want desperately to find them so they can do some more. They were big in the local Jag club, but did high quality restoration work on all sorts of vehicles. I got just about everything done to mine except, because back then I was poor and naieve, only got the doors re-sprayed and not properly restored.

The main guy was Tom Armstrong and he ran Tingalpa Motor Body Works on New Cleveland Rd Tingalpa with his son Gavin Armstrong. The shop is no longer there and I have no idea where or if they are still in business.

...Alternatively, can anyone recommend a reliable body shop in Brisbane, preferably one that uses Spies Hecker paints.
Dont know where your previous guy is but my Giulia Super is in at Impact Panel Works at Moorooka. The owner's name is Adrian and he is a fanastic painter. Its a nice setup. His booth is also new and top of the line. He uses Glasurit and Spies Hecker.
My car is having a bare metal restoration. I am very happy with the quality they are producing. See the thread in my signature.

Contact is
Adrian Cauldwell
Impact Panel Works
25 Lucy St, Moorooka
3255 8000

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alfa2go, I'll check him out.
Still keen to try and find the Armstrongs though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts