Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - I am based in Europe and am the proud owner of one of the first ever alfetta sedans ever built (first series). I am now in the market for an auto transmission alfetta, (hence 2L) which is virtually impossible to find in Europe (only a few were sold here). Why auto? For the convenience really, and also because it is so rare. I am not looking for a restoration project, so the car would need to be very neat. Any help is appreciated. Car location does not matter (anywhere in the US / world). Thanks, Fabien

·
Registered
993 Posts
Think there's been at least one nice example on bringatrailer.com in the last couple years, you might start by tracking the buyer down and finding out if they're ready to move it on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris - yes I saw that. The problem is how do you track them down? Bringatrailer won’t provide their contact details... and I am not sure there is an embedded messaging system... are you the editor of rustybuttrusty? I saw a green sedan there a while ago, apparently has not sold...

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hi Fabien,
I'll admit I haven't tried tracking down a sold car, but if they still let you post a comment to a completed auction, it's worth a try. Or perhaps the buyer has the same username on this or another Alfa forum?
I am the editor of RustyButTrusty, but it's been on hold since my son was born a few years back. I never kept track of sales though, except when a reader posted a reply to say they'd bought a particular car - the writing was an outlet to share online car finds with other like-minded people.
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts