Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone have an original Duetto tool kit collecting dust in the back of their garage? My Duetto came to me 36 years ago without a tool kit -so it is out there someplace. I believe that all the 105 cars used the same tool kit; the spider, GTV, Berlina and even the Montreal. Please send me a PM or start a conversation with me about a Duetto tool kit.

Mark

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 6alfas, I saw the Duetto tool kit listing referenced here on the ABB last week. It got me thinking that the Duetto should have a factory tool bag. I was the under-bidder on eBay. That bag was complete but a bit rough with rusty snaps and some rust on the tools. Still I would like to find the correct tool kit. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
According to the 1600 spare parts manual this is the original tool kit along with a list of supplied and not supplied tools
Cheers, Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got an original tool pouch but the tools are long gone.

View attachment 1628268
Thanks for your 'offer' 1978alfa. I don't recall ever seeing a 'for sale' advertisement for your tool bag. I suspect someone saw your reply to my 'wanted' post and 'beat me' to the requested item. Is there honor in being a 'claim jumper'?

If I see a response to a wanted post for an item that I am interested in, I'll reply: "If the original poster isn't interested, I am". One thing I would fault 1978alfa for is not giving the original poster first refusal but that is his decision. I've been in the same position and told potential 'claim jumpers' that "I would give first refusal to the original poster" -they understood.

Is there honor in 'opportunists' who sell to 'claim jumpers'? I'd rather 'opportunists' just start their own 'for sale' post and let the item go to the first to respond. If 1978alfa previously listed this item, please accept my apologies and ignore this rant. Perhaps this will help others in the community.
If you agree, would you give me a 'like'?

OBTW, still looking for a 105 tool bag and wondering why Alfa lists the wrenches and stuff shown in post #5, if they were not available?
Mark

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
The extra tools were available but were not included in the tool kit provided with the Spider.
Cheers, Jon

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,020 Posts
mark, there is a gentleman in Italy that has some really nice looking reproduction bags.

I don't think he speaks English as all of his answers to me were in Italian. They are pricey at $100 Euros.

I'm not endorsing, only pointing you to someone. Ask for lots of pictures.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
@ Ironblock: My bad.
Yes I sold it to a claim jumper.
I had several people asking about it within minutes of posting the picture.
It is not in the best condition, so you know.
A little moldy and the snaps are rusty and one is missing.
Anyway, my apologies...
:(

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I bought the bag - wasn't trying to snipe you. You mentioned you were looking for a complete toolkit and the one you missed on ebay wasn't up to your standards. In the last 10+ years I've put together two 1900, three Giulietta and two Giulia/1750 toolkit's. Buying the bag and finding the tools is a hobby of mine. I have contacts in Italy that can find pretty much anything except the elusive red handled screwdriver. and I've managed to do that twice. PM me and we can get this headed your way once it arrives.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks 1978alfa and 6Alfas for 'manning up' and not taking offense to my frustration. And Osso -for not scolding me for ranting. It must be the CCP Whouan isolation making me more sensitive than usual.
6alfas, I was the 'under bidder' in the eBay auction -just got beat out there fair and square!
Years ago, I bought a tool kit from Giorgio in Italy for the Montreal but don't care for the burlap tool pouch fabric and would definitely have preferred the one 1978alfa offered.

6Alfas, I understand. All things considered it sounds like a win, win situation; just make sure you include the red handled screw driver;-) One of my hobbies is rebuilding the 1950's spark plug wire sets -when I can find the original Saldom plug ends -anyone? PM or contact me directly!

You guys are the best!

Mark

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the offer Brian. I have the tool bag from Giorgio (for measurements), a great upholstery guy & a snap machine; if I can find the correct canvas type material.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Gentlemen.
A rare opportunity has arisen and I'd like to resolve this in short order without endless debate.
The coveted duetto tool bag got bounced back to me for improper USPS postage.
I felt guilty for selling it out from under the original author of this post, before he had the chance to respond.
I now have the opportunity to make it right if said parties involved are in agreement.
My plan is to refund the paypal transaction and offer it to IRONBLOCK if he is still interested.
Stay tuned.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks 1978alfa, I am certainly still interested and have sent you a private message. Sorry for being slow to respond but I was working in the garage, so it should be an excusable absence.
Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts