Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been on the MAARC website, and have sort of asked everyone I've had the pleasure of exchange a few words with here thus far, and called the place where the website says meetings are being held... to no avail... Tomorrows supposed to be the meeting...

Alas, as the website is not very user friendly - at least in terms of getting in contact with actual people, and evidently there is no actual people updating the MAARC/Charlotte page on the site, if indeed there are active meetings still happening here in Charlotte, i sure hope so, or we'll start hav'in meetings of 1...? ;-)

I'm just whining, cause as a newbie, and super interested in the cars, I want to see some cars and hang with some knowledgeable Alfa folks!

If you're out there, contact me...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Charles,
I am looking for some knowlegable alfa people as well. I have an '85 spider quad that is currently not running and I need advice on getting her going again. Like you I have the Charlotte website to be no help and assumed the group must have disbanded. Would love to get together and chat and admire your '91. Let me know if your intested in getting together. We live in south Charlotte.

Jim

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Hi,

I'm here in Rock Hill at the moment. I'd like to get together with other members as well. Anyone from the chapter actually know when and where the next meeting will be?

·
Administrator
16,771 Posts
from the MAARC web blog:

My name is Rick Triebwasser and I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia. If you would like to to be able to contact me about the Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club or discuss family genealogy, use the e-mail link in the contact section or use the following address: rtriebwasser<at>cavtel.net.
Ya'll might also try contacting Kevin Harper: Kevinharper1<at>gmail.com or klharper<at>mebtel.net

(change the <at> to @ )

·
Registered
246 Posts
Charlotte Alfa Club Chapter

Hi Guys...Dont know how I missed this post. We just had our monthly dinner meet tonight and one of our members brought it up. We have monthly dinner and breakfast meets and I try and cajole as many members to attend the local Cars and Coffee meets as well.

This weekend some of our members will be attending the "Euros at the Fair" car show at the Charlotte motor speedway. If you wish to be kept in the loop send me a pm with your email address and I will add you to my local email list, and keep you aprised of upcoming events.

Just as an FYI we have an actual Alfa mechanic in town, Giuseppe LoRe formerly of NY opened up his shop here in Charlotte about a year or two ago ...

·
Registered
246 Posts
next Charlotte Dinner Meet

For those that are interested, our next dinner meet is on September 30th, 7pm at Mama Ricotta's , center city Charlotte....

·
Premium Member
26,894 Posts
Charlotte Alfisti

I'm in Charlotte too. 86 Quad

[email protected]
Would enjoy attending the meetings. Work Friday nights until football season is over, but add me to your email and I will attend soon.
Rich
'76 Alfa GTV
[email protected]
Always glad to hear from fellow Alfa faithful. I am current incumbent MAARC Prez. I do most of my chapter postings here: Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club AND yes I mostly have the Hampton Roads tunnel vision (we have three of them to get out of Norfolk). Half of our other board members are in Raleigh.

We sure could use a full time chapter branch rep in Charlotte. Please email me.

Even though we are a tri-state chapter the reality of the matter is the two main groups (branches) of us are centralized in Resarch Triangle (NC) and Hampton Roads (VA).

We glady welcome you into our fold. Kevin Harper our VP is located near Winston Salem.

We have a few folks on the roster in your area but not as many as we would like.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Charlotte area Italian Cars

Hi,

Another good show in Charlotte is the Motorini Italiano show in the spring at 131 Main parking lot in south charlotte. It's all Italian cars and motor cycles. To get on the email list, contact Kevin Fielding at [email protected]

Kevin organizes the CAFE club Charlotte Area Ferrari Enthusiasts.

Skipp

·
Registered
246 Posts
Charlotte Chapter

Rich I'll add you to our mailing list for the Charlotte group, and Steve is right
we do need a full time Rep, I've been nursing things along the last couple of years. But really feel that I don't have enough time to dedicate to the job.

We will be having our monthly dinner meet this Thursday September 29th
7pm at Portofino's on Eastway Blvd.

Hope to see you soon

·
Premium Member
26,894 Posts
Rich I'll add you to our mailing list for the Charlotte group, and Steve is right
we do need a full time Rep, I've been nursing things along the last couple of years. But really feel that I don't have enough time to dedicate to the job.

Hope to see you soon
Keep me in the loop and let me know details. email me at address below in my signature, please.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hope to see you soon
Hey, Thanks. Just saw the post, so can't make it this month. But normally I should be able to come on a Thursday.
Rich [email protected]

·
Registered
81 Posts
I recently moved to Charlotte from Florida. Although I'm currently down to one Alfa, I'd love to get together with other Alfisti.

My 82 Spider is currently getting some rust attended to at Alfa Import Center.

Please put me on any list, and I'd love to meet up at a Cars and Coffee.

[email protected]

·
Registered
197 Posts
Add me to the email Please

My Dad lives near Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord. If there are any week end event I might be able to be there. Since my mother passed this last June I am trying to get down there monthly. I bought my Duetto from him so I am the third owner and have had it since 1976. I also have many special tools for the early 70's and would consider loaning them out personally.

Al

·
Registered
59 Posts
Also new to Charlotte

Hey - I moved here 3 weeks ago. '87 Milano. Looking for other Alfistis (and a good mechanic). Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,679 Posts
Send me a PM and I will give you the email address of the Capo di Alfisti in Charlotte.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts