Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.. I've decided that I don't have time to work on my 164ls anytime soon so I would like to find a manual 164 to use as my daily driver.. it needs to be one that doesn't require work, as I already have one of those (or 4). Anyone have any leads?

Oh yeah, and I'm not afraid of a road trip.. it wouldn't be the first time :)

·
Premium Member
9,873 Posts
Hi guys.. I've decided that I don't have time to work on my 164ls anytime soon so I would like to find a manual 164 to use as my daily driver.. it needs to be one that doesn't require work, as I already have one of those (or 4). Anyone have any leads?

Oh yeah, and I'm not afraid of a road trip.. it wouldn't be the first time :)
Maybe out of your price range but I have a 164S in great mechanical condition with $8500 worth of engine suspension and exhaust work done to it in 02' @ferrari of Denver.

Just as a few paint issues. Needs a window switch or 2 and antenna, other than that the car runs amazing, all suspension works as should new Michelin tires.

It is red. So that is the reason for paint issues.
Most of that work done above was the motor that was pulled and rebuilt. It never had a slipped belt or bent valves, the guy is an alfa freak but has to sell this one as he has no room for it.
He had it rebuilt just because he wanted to.

Seat has some wear on drivers upper bolster, mostly needs dye.

Let me know? I have pictures that I need to download but I can fwd them to you with a price if interested.
Clean carfax, he has owned the last 8 years.
76K miles

Jason

·
Registered
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,938 Posts
there was a black 164S for sale here in Austin. It is high mileage, like 200K miles, and it brought $1500 on eBay last December, but the high bidder did not come through. I thought about getting it, but am a little low on cash at the moment. Last time I emailed with the owner he still had it. He says it runs fine, and is in good shape, but just developed an issue with the starter motor. Should be an easy fix, and further lowers the price. Not sure if it's still available, have not seen it, no relation to seller, etc...just passing on information, pm me if you're interested and I can get you contact details

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason,
thats a little out of the range I was planning to pay... im looking for for a $3000 or less deal. At $8500 im most of the way to a machining center that i've had my eye on.. :)

·
Premium Member
9,873 Posts
Jason,
thats a little out of the range I was planning to pay... im looking for for a $3000 or less deal. At $8500 im most of the way to a machining center that i've had my eye on.. :)
Jason,
I want to mention that $8500 is not the price but how much was spent on work in 02'.
I have not posted the price. But I can let you know by e-mail. Still a little out of your range but not much.

Ciao!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I saw here recently a black L in Colorado on the bb for $2400 that looked real nice. I'd snap it up if it were with 4 or 5 hundred miles and no snow driving.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am trying to reach that guy... I hope its still for sale. Looks like exactly what I want, plus a road trip :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts