Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted this on the Engine Rebuilding forum, but felt that those of you who race your Alfa's are probably more intensive users of automotive machinists.

I'll add to that by saying if the shop is closer to the Pasadena / Covina area, all the better.

I've asked about this before, but the machinist (Steve Fekete - Hollywood Machine Shop), I've used for many years died a year ago, and a fellow, who I believe was Steve's helper, has taken over. I don't remember Steve having a helper for the past three or four years before he passed away.

If any of you have used HMS lately and have an opinion as to the quality of the work, I'd like very much to hear it. If you prefer, contact me offline or directly to my email address.

While I like 'suppliers' to be handy, I'm willing to drive some distance if there is an outstanding Alfa machinist that is recommended by several of you. I prefer not to ship parts.

My current need is pretty simple, balance an Alfetta clutch housing to/with the (previously balanced) flywheel.

Please note that I'm looking for a machinists, not a shop who sends parts out to be machined or does minor in-house machine work.

Biba
Biba Restorations

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Biba,

Give these guys a call. They are very familiar with VW, Alfa, Porsche, etc...

Bill & Dick at Engine Machine Service (EMS)
They are a full-service machine shop with assembly. 310-641-7019

·
Registered
525 Posts
Indeed!
EMS has been the "Go Fast" machine shop forever.
I propel my sorry aging *** to the front with EMS valves, valve springs, port matching, Crank knife edging, journal polishing, blue-printing, end to end rod balancing, piston matching...
You get the picture. These guys are great!
Then send the parts to Santo for assembly and get the F... out of the way.
You have a FAST ALFA!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't know exactly what you're looking for, but I had good experiences with Uve at Omega Motorsports in Culver City. If he doesn't have what you're looking for, he can probably refer you to someone who does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts