Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being in So Cal, you'd think there would be tons out here, but that's not the case.

Anybody have any leads on a decent driver quality 64-66 1500?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the lead, Ed.

I've found an excellent 1600 OSCA up in Vancouver for around the same price. The one in TN needs a bit too much work for the price.

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
There is one Fiat 1500 Spider in NC but owner has already moved back to Italy and left car with his son I believe. Info in our August club paper newsletter but not online. So send me a PM and I will find newsletter info for you tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Thanks for the lead, Ed.

I've found an excellent 1600 OSCA up in Vancouver for around the same price. The one in TN needs a bit too much work for the price.
I've seen it a couple of times and once at a gas station talked to the owner.

Paint is red but dull. The car looks sound and as I recall the owner has had it since the 1960s.

Let me know if I can check it out-- so far as visuals go.

Bob

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've seen it a couple of times and once at a gas station talked to the owner.

Paint is red but dull. The car looks sound and as I recall the owner has had it since the 1960s.

Let me know if I can check it out-- so far as visuals go.

Bob
Bob:

He even has the original Italian title for the car, and started the restoration himself apparently while both he and the car were still in Italy.

It's on ebay again, so I'm going to watch it for a while.

Thanks for the offer!

Kraig

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I got the Fiat 1600S OSCA Spider up in Vancouver. Just got to figure out a way to get it down here and through customs with the least amount of hassle!

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
looks

Well, I got the Fiat 1600S OSCA Spider up in Vancouver. Just got to figure out a way to get it down here and through customs with the least amount of hassle!
looks very nice congrats

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, the paint's pretty good on this one. And yes, more troubles with the transporter: He put a hole in one of the tires while unloading it. The tires were pretty old anyway, so no big loss. I made him give $100 towards it before he drove off :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts