Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFAIK these are used on Euro sedans, not spiders or GTV's. Not imported into the USA. I want to use it on a Duetto Street/AX/TT car. I have a set of close ratio gears too go with it. The early 105's came with a really low first gear so they were drivable in Narrow Italian roads. With a high performance 2L that issue just doesn't matter. The combination of Alfa CR gears and a 4.3 diff seems top give perfect ratios, especially for TT. Also, most of the AX around here are pretty tight courses, that can be driven in one gear IF it's the right one.

But again, AFAIK, the sedan has a narrower rear axle, so I will have to adapt much of my 2L rear axle. Oh, I also use a 2L era LSD, so I need the larger center casting. Did the 4.3 sedans come with LSD (or optional)?

Help!

Robert

·
Registered
556 Posts
2 litre sedan came standard with 4.3 LSD, apart from ratio the axle is exactly the same as 2litre spider or GTV and interchangeable with non LSD

·
Premium Member
13,071 Posts
I got a ride in a 69 Berlina last week with a 4.3 axle.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Sounds like a great combination, Robert. Do keep us posted. I've pretty much decided to go with a 4.56 lsd rear end. First of all, I have it sitting here but, secondly, the c/r box's long first gear very effectively gets around the typical stock box's short first gear problems. With a c/r box and a 4.56 you can easily go to 40mph in first. You can even go down into first while moving in traffic.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I do (less lately) AX, and even with a CR box I seem to get stuck in two gears, neither of which is perfect. Just a little calculation led me to look for a 4.3.

Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts