Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:
Recently decided to move up a race class that will not only allow me to change suspension (springs, bushings, bars) but also the use of 7 inch wheels.
There has been a debate on whether to also upgrade to 15 inch x 7 but I am afraid of the potential interference with the tire rubbing against the fender.
Comments welcomed. Plan to use 205/55ZR/14 or 15.
Wheels need to be 108 mm bolt pattern (for 1973 Alfa GTV) and I am not sure what the offset is given the above parameters.
Your assistance much appreciated.
My location is New Hampshire.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I have 205/55-15's on Rota wheels on my street GTV with no clearance problems. But generally you would want to use a smaller diameter tire on a race car. If you do go with 15's, I would consider 205/50-15 tires.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wow, those Cromadoras on the group4 site are gorgeous. Glad they aren't available in 108 circle or I might have to have a set.

·
Registered
117 Posts
15x7x108 Campagnolo Turbia

The wheels he is having produced at this moment are 15x7x108 Campagnolo Turbinas. They are an updated version of the 14x6 1/2 wheels fitted to the Montreal. if you want a set you have to order from him now in order to get in on the production run of 60, 5 wheel sets.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
im looking for 14x7 mille miglias, melbers, ronals, tecnomagesio, or 13x8 4 spoke campys for 105's.

if you hear of anything 14x7s that i can pick uo, i will GIVE YOU six of my 15x7 108mm wheels i have in my garage for as a finders fee. these are ford types that ralph gilles use to run in his blindinly quick 69 GTV so they should fit.

best of luck with you search

davbert

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,843 Posts
The PO fitted Ford Mustang turbines to my Berlina and with 195/60R15 tires they fit fine.

The hub center will need to be drilled out to fit over the Alfa hub, but that's it. Cheap and plentiful, if not super light.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
ford "turbinaesque" do have a nice aggressive offset...

they do fit over the berlinas rears? those are tight fenders in the back

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I'm not sure how they did it, maybe pulled out the fenders slightly. But they fit.

Look for my intro thread in the Sedan section.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone:
I see Group 4 Wheels is located in the UK but the e-mail address provided is different @yahoo.
Very hesitant about getting 15 inch wheels. I see the advantage because I can get group discount on Hoosiers from the Miata class who uses 15 inch but I am afraid of the interference. You can imagine how scary it can be if you are handling a bumpy turn going full out and it hits the fender, won't be a pretty sight.
lowered suspension and stioffer springs will help eliminate body roll but may further aggravate interference with fender depending on offset.
Hoosiers does sell P205/50ZR15. not sure the profile change from 55 to 50 will be sufficient.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
15" wheel/tire combos won't be any taller or wider if u use the right size tires. Ask around lots of people have gone there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts