Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the wires should be for the rear brake pad sensor? I figured under the rear seat but I don't see them.

The current rear brake pads don't have the sensor, which is why I don't have any wires to trace. I figure the connectors to the brake system must be jumpered somewhere. The new pads I'm putting in have the sensor so I might as well wire it up properly.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The wires themselves initially come out in the boot/trunk. At the very back, right hand side, just near the shock tower, coming from a small hole.

They're with wiring for one of the fuel pumps (pink/pink-white wires). The sensor wires are grey/grey-black from memory. You'll see them once you get the carpet off.

ROCK ON
R~R

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, but they don't appear to be there. The wiring and layout of the trunk on the US models is a little different because they moved the location of the gas tank - I suspect this may be why I'm not seeing it where you describe.

Does anyone with a US version have a suggestion?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Yes, look under the car on the right side. Look at the right rear caliper and go slight outwards and then forward, e.g. follow the Dedion tube going forward to the front Dedion X-member. I think it goes through under the rear seat, to the right. They may have stuffed them back into the car after connecting the two ends. Try take up the rear seat buttom if you don't see it under the car.
Jes

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the details, Jes. I'll see what I can find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts