Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I will be doing some stuff to the Verde this weekend and may end up short of a few oil-line fittings, such as Aeroquip. Anyone know a local source for such fittings in the Laguna Niguel area?

Thanks,
Jes

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duh... I should have thought of that - even spoke with Jr this morning... :rolleyes: Thanks for the suggestion! Glad that some of us still have brain activity

Jes

·
Registered
926 Posts
alfa63 said:
APC used to be over in Laguna Hills, if you called Stewart he might know. I certainly don't.

He's moved the shop to Orange, but Jes probably knows that if he talked to Jr. today! :)

Baum's auto supply is a decent source for stuff. If they don't have it, they will know how to get it. It's on Marguerite--get there from La Paz and turn right, make first left into parking lot and it's on the right hand side. There's an Italian restraunt next door that may be the best I've ever had--called Capricco Italiano. Baum's is also an easy place to get Redline fluids if that floats your boat.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pointers! Excellent suggestions. Let me see, hmm... think it's Italien for lunch on Sat :D, and then off to Baum's (must be within 10 min) and perhaps a hot rod shop.

BTW, I'm adding a Mocal oil cooler to the Verde (at the suggestion of Andrew Garcia, Garcia Alfa Racing in Houston), with 180F thermostat in sandwich plate. This along with going over the cooling system should sort the hot running/overheating at the track. Actually, it is probably over-kill, but hey, it's kind of fun, and won't hurt.

Jes

·
Registered
926 Posts
Baum's and Capriccio share a wall in the plaza....I meant very literally they are "next" to each other :) :)

I would call Baum's ahead of time--they have a small storefront, but can get anything you want in 24 hours.

And if you go to Capriccio in Saturday and see a cute little waitress named Gali, make sure you say hello for me :)

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what I'm getting into, but I'l say hi to the cute waitress for you...

I was thinking "within 10 min of my house". Italien is one of favorite foods, can you say tiramisu :) So, any particular recommendations of what to try there?

Jes

·
Registered
926 Posts
The tiramisu is very very good---like buddah, as we say back east. I don't think I've ever had a bad dish there--it's hard to recommend one thing over another. The chicken marscapone is wicked good, if you like that flavor. There's also a veal ravioli with pine nuts and loads of garlic that is to die for. Pasta carbonara...mmm....
Hell, even the dinner salads are good.....real leafy stuff instead of a bunch of kale. I had ravioli stuffed with ricotta and garlic, arranged in a circle around a pile of fresh diced tomatoes with basil tonite. Almost didn't notice the girl :)

If you're really nice, desert and a glass of porto after dinner is usually free :)

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, that's it, I'm going!

Jes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts