Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 7.5 fuel line from Centerline. I have it on the cold start injector. But the fuel clamp is slightly to small. The hose is about the size of inside the clamp. But when I put it on the hose barb it is now fatter. I can't get the clamp to close around the hose and screw it together.

Is there an alternative clamp I can get locally that is slightly bigger? Can I use one of my old hose clamps?

What makes a fuel injection clamp so special? I understand not using a worm drive clamp.

·
Administrator
17,145 Posts
A proper FI clamp wraps all the way around the hose - tightens it 360 degrees. Other clamps (like a standard worn drive clamp) will leave areas that are not really snug. It might be OK but it leaves an area for a potential leak. Since most FI systems run much higher psi, a better clamp is a Good Idea.

Any decent auto supply store should have a range of FI clamps available. Or, if the old one is in good shape, it can certainly be re-used.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any decent auto supply store should have a range of FI clamps available.
Good. I will take my old and new one (from FI repair kit) and see if they have something slightly bigger.

I will also see if the old one can go back on. I just wanted something clean and new since I was doing all this work (replacing all kinds of rubber hoses).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts