·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anyone used a Lithium Car battery like the:

https://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/re-startoem-batteries.html

Antigravity one?

I'm assuming they can be used in my Alfetta GT coupe street car which gets some club event time but most often just a driver.

I'd be interested in knowing your experience with them or any info /things I should consider before using like whether the alternator would then need to be changed? How do they hold up with the heat in the engine bay? Should they be relocated to the boot? etc

They have a number of benefits over a normal lead battery like they only way around 2kgs, are a third of the size and have some cool features.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
I'm using a similar battery in my dedicated autocross '76 Spider. It's a U.S. version intended for a Jet Ski, barely bigger than my fist, and weighs 2 1/2 lb. I have it mounted on the firewall near the coil. I recently experienced a non-start when I left the car outside in 30 degree F. temperature but I have a small Lithium Ion jump start box and with this the car started immediately. I also use a battery disconnect when the car is not in use.

The battery I use doesn't have much cranking power but the under hood location eliminates the voltage drop from a trunk mounted battery and the gear drive starter I installed operates very well with the output from the little battery. I also have one of the very small aftermarket alternators.

Hi

Has anyone used a Lithium Car battery like the:

https://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/re-startoem-batteries.html

Antigravity one?

I'm assuming they can be used in my Alfetta GT coupe street car which gets some club event time but most often just a driver.

I'd be interested in knowing your experience with them or any info /things I should consider before using like whether the alternator would then need to be changed? How do they hold up with the heat in the engine bay? Should they be relocated to the boot? etc

They have a number of benefits over a normal lead battery like they only way around 2kgs, are a third of the size and have some cool features.

Mark

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
What would the advantage of having a lithium battery in our Spiders?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,388 Posts
They burn much better than lead acid?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,083 Posts
What would the advantage of having a lithium battery in our Spiders?
They are significantly lighter than lead acid batteries. But they're a lot more expensive.

On a street car, losing 25 pounds of sprung weight isn't significant. Given our demographics, most Alfa owners would be better served shaving 25 pounds off their butt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts