Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Looking for a little help. I am trying to use the Lite n Boltz for my GTV license plate and am having difficulty connecting them to the wires that I think are supposed to power the license plate light. Here's a picture of what I have (keys there to provide some size perspective). I was hoping someone could shed some light (no pun intended) on how to connect the wires so I get power. I turned the car lights on and touched the red wire to the yellow wires' connecting tab (looks like a small spatula with hollow round tubes on the edges) and the black to ground and got nothing - touched both black and red to connecting tab - nothing. The lights work when I touch them to a 12 volt battery so I know they are good. I'm thinking maybe these are dead wires but they are all wrapped in electrical tape and connected to the wires running to my rear lights.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
They arent dead wires, ther look idd like the wires for the licence plate illumination, check for burned fuses, of for a bad connection. you should have 12V there when swichting on the ligths, the yellow wires are the + and the black ones the -

regards

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - Each connector has two yellow wires as far as I can follow them that are crimped to the connector at the end. I've got a 110/220V current tester but I don't think that will help me verify these are live wires. I would expect them to be though.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Thanks - Each connector has two yellow wires as far as I can follow them that are crimped to the connector at the end. I've got a 110/220V current tester but I don't think that will help me verify these are live wires. I would expect them to be though.
The yellow wires for the license plate light are correct the way they are. A 110/220V tester won't work, as there is only 12V running through those wires. With the running/head lights on, if you do not have 12V at those yellow wire connectors, you have a problem elsewhere, a fuse or broken wire. Were the existing license plate lights working before you disconnected them?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
existing lights were non-existent when I got the car - bumpers had been removed by PO in the process of a minor restoration/modification (no side marker lights anymore either). As it turns out car decided to conk out on me this morning so since even though I think this is something I could have done, it will be in the shop and I'll likely just ask the mechanic to wire it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts