Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Mi S2 is pouring out the coolant, over the gas pedal. Looks like is inside the heating tube..

Have anyone the plans to remove the console to try to find the leak?

Thanks,
G.

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
Most likely its the heater valve.

·
Premium Member
21,128 Posts
Yep, seems like a great Alfa design, gives you plenty of warning by dripping on your foot. Should be a plastic valve, those are not too tough to change, though it's awkward.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
The first generation Saab 900 was the same way. It was a lot easier to change though.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
happened to me twice now, v. hot coolant on the foot!
I carry a 3 foot length of coolant hose with me now, jump out the car, bypass the heater with it and can at least drive home.
The coolant gets into the carpet and takes ages to get rid of!

Not convinced of the quality of the new heater valves either, one of mine leaked where the two halves are simply pop riveted together........of course only noticed it after I put it on:(

you will need to remove the driver's seat and lie on your back and have little fingers.
a head mounted led flashlight helps as does a mirror.

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
Put your head under the dash and look straight above the gas pedal. The valve is black, square and has a hose going into it.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Yep, seems like a great Alfa design, gives you plenty of warning by dripping on your foot. Should be a plastic valve, those are not too tough to change, though it's awkward.
Andrew
i had an old girlfriend with a Subaru, had the problem, not too unusual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts