Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did all Spiders have limited slip? I have a 1991 manual trans. I assumed it has the factory installed rear end. Would a 1991 be limited slip?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yes, series 4 Spiders with 2.0 engine have 25% limited slip. I am not sure about 1.6 carb EU version, in my opinion this version has free differential

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Max I hope it wasn't a dumb question. I want to the auto parts store for tranny and diff fluid. The clerk told me his computer said it wasn't a limited slip. I will order fluids from centerline instead.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thank you Max I hope it wasn't a dumb question. I want to the auto parts store for tranny and diff fluid. The clerk told me his computer said it wasn't a limited slip. I will order fluids from centerline instead.
By the shop manual required specification of the fluid is SAE 80W90 API GL-5

Commercial equivalents
Agip Rotra SX 75W90
Shell Spirax HD 80W90
Norm. 3631-6940

1.25kg (2.75lb)

·
Richard Jemison
7,075 Posts
Lubes

Lubes listed will hasten the syncro wear and reduce LSD grip. Common GL5 lubes are too slipery for balk ring syncronizers or clutch type LSD units.

The CORRECT lube for any Alfa trans and LSD diff is Redline 75-90 NS

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not all spiders came with a lsd , 1300 and 1600 junior models did not , mostly Euro spec , you can tell by looking at the diff casting the lsd versions have a triangle /arrow cast into them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts