Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some have speculated that the scripts on "Lightweights" were sometimes aluminum instead of brass. Are there any verified cases of original Lightweight scripts being aluminum?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

Carl,
I appear to be by myself in this matter. Guy has agreed with you about the highly polished brass with a lacquered finish on the cars that I suggested might be in aluminium (or other similar coloured material). I have to agree with him. In mitigation I am used to seeing the brass script being left in its natural dark colour, as the ex Swedish Royal family Lightweight. So that leaves me with the odd badge with the even odder stud spacing which is where I came into this discussion...... where did my script come from and more to the point...why used on my car?

Stuart

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try looking through the over 100 Alfa items here and see if you find any clues

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Carl,
Thanks for the introduction to this site I will keep it on file. I found AR16 and the length is noted as 260mm, (as per the originals) but mine turns out to be 255mm! There is no detail on stud spacing and the obvious downside being that it is golden. I will keep looking and try to answer some of the questions raised by this script's use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts