Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

did some research but it's still hard to find exact info on how to lift the Montreal ( front in my case ) for non-mechanics. I would put a decent garage jack + block of wood underneath the solid (?) steel structure as in the picture with the red-square marking to lift the whole front. DO or DON'T ?

Kindest regards, LUC/K.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
As you can see, this crossmember was once convex and somebody used it to lift the car. Lifting from there with a wooden block won't cause further damage. Otherwise I like to lift my Alfa from the suspension, but that involves lifting each side separately then installing some sort of support.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As you can see, this crossmember was once convex and somebody used it to lift the car. Lifting from there with a wooden block won't cause further damage. Otherwise I like to lift my Alfa from the suspension, but that involves lifting each side separately then installing some sort of support.
You are very observant, Yves ! I hadn't noticed that at all from the picture. Anyway, thanks for reassuring me !

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
If your jack points on the sides of the car are in good condition (not rusty) it is nice to jack up the car using two jacks at once. On the front end, I put jack stands, protected with rubber (as shown), where the lower 'A' arms attach to the cross member.
Fuel tank reinstalled.jpg

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great plan-B, Mark, thanks ! This question should never be asked again, in my humble opinion... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts