Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has nothing to do with Alfas but it does have everything to do with the Deep South. Last weekend a bunch of guys and myself went to NE Georgia to white water raft the Chattooga river. We retraced the path shown in the movie "Deliverance". What a hoot. The weather and guides were great.

Since 12 of us went we took a rented van. After getting there, the roads would have been better suited for an Alfa. Maybe next time I'll take the Alfa so I can enjoy the winding roads.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Geez, that's short for Geezer,

Nice trip! Great pictures too. Although, I'm not sure that northern Georgia is part of the Deep South. We don't have any rocks bigger than gravel in the Deep South, and certainly not that many waterfalls. :p

Glad you made it back in one piece.

Andy

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy,

We had a great time, ate lots of red meat and beans and frated. No women to give us a bad time about being neanderthals.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the guys found a house in Hiawassee that would sleep 20 folks. It had a pool table, 2 big screen TV's, dart board, and a hot tub. We didn't even have to turn it on to get bubbles. The house was about 30 minutes from where we put in on the Chattooga river.

On the way back to the house on friday night we ran across a mama black bear and 2 cubs playing in the road.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to N. Ga, we're about an hour south of Hiwassee. Hear any banjo music???????:D:D
We stayed in Hiwassee and used Southeastern Expeditions for the float trip. We did hear banjo music and pig squealing. N E Georgia is a pretty place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts