Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imported a GT Junior from Italy, it comes with a rear license plate mount like the one in the attached photo. There are already holes on the bodywork that match that.
American license plate screw holes don't align with it (they are much more narrow and wide). I cannot find license plate holders that can adapt between the two situations.
Does anyone have a clean solution to the problem?
Gas Rectangle Font Circle Metal

·
2,712 Posts
We used to just drill holes in the plate to screw it in the upper corners.

A clean solution would be to cut a plate of sheet metal, aluminum or stainless ideally, that matches the shape of your support and drill it to install the US plate.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I imported a GT Junior from Italy, it comes with a rear license plate mount like the one in the attached photo. There are already holes on the bodywork that match that.
American license plate screw holes don't align with it (they are much more narrow and wide). I cannot find license plate holders that can adapt between the two situations.
Does anyone have a clean solution to the problem?
Try to find one of these…

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
...I had a set of brackets made for the euro market GTV I imported. Message me for details…
That bracket looks almost the same as the brackets mounted on the US market cars. I posted a drawing of these so you can double check the hole spacing beforehand.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
That bracket looks almost the same as the brackets mounted on the US market cars. I posted a drawing of these so you can double check the hole spacing beforehand.

@1750GT Thanks for posting the link. That was reference design I used when having the brackets fabricated. Worked well!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I would abandon the lower mounting holes and remove the plastic serts, touch up the paint and find a small rubber plug for the holes. Then drill 2 new holes to suit brackets as in Post #4. Use a nut sert or not.

Those brackets are in demand and do come up for sale here from time to time or post a want ad. I may have a pair??

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts