Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I wonder if anyone knows a source of LH thread mag nuts for the Turbina mags on my 1750 GTV? I've converted the Front Left wheel studs to RH thread but won't get round to changing the Rear Left studs for quite a while, so I'm after a set of four new LH thread mag nuts to replace the battered old ones that came with these wheels. (Or four used chrome ones in better nick than mine.)
The only place I've ever found on-line who shows them in his website-catalogue is MISTERTEE, in England, showing them as his P/N 5217, but he says he hasn't got them in reality.
So if anyone has any ideas, I'd be pleased to hear. The style of nut is what seems to be known as a mag nut or shank nut or sleeve nut, and its dimensions are -
Shank 0.75" long by 0.68" diam;
Thread 12x1.5mm LEFT-HAND".

Thanks for any leads!
Best regards,
Graham H in NZ

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
classic alfa an highwood alfa both carry them on and off

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rightio, thanks Frank. Neither of 'em seem to have quite the right thing at present but I'll contact them and see what the future prospects are.
Best regards,
Graham in NZ

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, only $1.28, gosh, sounds too good to be true, and unfortunately it is...... my mags can't use these acorn nuts but need "standard mag nuts" aka "shank nuts", like Gorilla 73137. In fact I've bought nice new 73137s for my RH threaded wheels but they don't come in LH thread.
Thanks though, and best regards,
Graham H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts