Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
10,272 Posts
my alfa combo switch ( headlight wiper, turnsignel) went down agian.. at 300$ for a new one , with those really weak contacts.. well i will be sorting this out over my weekend( monday-tuesday). i love the combo switch on my audi, so went to pick and pull got one for 20$.. took it home, i have sorted out all but the wiper fuction. and it will fit niely behind the steering wheel. this cobo has left hand side inner, hearlight, rear turn/ high beam.... right side inner, hazzard, rear wiper.., yes i do have the upper cover..

Attachments

·
Registered
what part?
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.... i love a challange...:):)

·
Registered
what part?
10,272 Posts
i fixed it 2-3 years ago, the turn signal part broke agian,, plan to toss it..i just have to figger out how the wiper works, got the headlights/ hazard/ turn/low /high beam working....but hey..i stuffed in a t5 w/c tranny and alumiumn driveshaft, this should be easy..( famous last words:):) )

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Wiper portion is literally just a switch IIRC.
All intermittance and hi/low speed stuff is delt with at the box under the glove compartment.

Should be just a matter of getting the right wire from the combiswitch to activate the right circut in the wiper control box.

·
Registered
what part?
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well got the headlight/runninglight/ high beam, going.. not as streight foreward as one might think, will try the wipers next monday, when i have some time..

·
Registered
what part?
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok , and hour checking what wire goe's where..on the alfa side, the wiper/washer switch is not straught forwarrd.. this will take some time,, headlights..so far ok.. wiper/washer, take some time. lots of notes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts