Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine rebuild is finished. Engine back in car. Just realized I lost the short rod along the way. ( It's always something!)
I happen to have an extra long rod I found in my old parts box.
Can someone tell me the total length and and the threaded length on the short rod.... I'll cut down and rethread the long rod I have.

Thanks!

Larry

some photos of the finished engine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Larry, I just pulled the SPICA intake from my car to use in a new engine. The short rod is 89mm long, threaded portions 22mm on each side. Threads are M5x0.8.

·
Premium Member
23,009 Posts
It's not a set distance but I'm sure there's a ballpark distance. Once you're set the bellcrank stops for no and full travel, the short rod is set just long enough so the the throttles close and the bellcrank hits the "no" stop at the same time. You want to hear both at once. If you feel the throttles closing and no "clack" of the bellcrank stop, adjust a half turn. Similarly, if the bellcrank hits the stop but the throttles are not closed at the same time, adjust a half turn. Or more if needed. It takes some feel, like getting the jet centered in SU carbs.

Andrew

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe that I have the short rod available with ends if you want to buy one.
Thanks for the offer.. let me see how successful I am today cutting down the ext long rod I have . I promised my friend I would have my car out of grr garage this weekend. ..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer.. let me see how successful I am today cutting down the ext long rod I have . I promised my friend I would have my car out of grr garage this weekend. ..
Thanks for the rod dimensions was able to make my short rod by cutting an extra long rod. See picture :

1 - 6 of 6 Posts