Alfa Romeo Forums banner

341 - 350 of 350 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
GregSef, this is off current topic in this thread, but,,
Would any LeMons crews be interested on a package of perfect cars for it?
I offer 2 Milanos, one would run great with fresh fuel lines and fuel, a Verde with no engine and a 164 with engine donor?
I will take $1500 for all 3, may throw in lots of other parts to the right buyer.
Will Only sell all 3 as a package. Need to clean up and finish some projects so I can retire.
Rats, wrong coast.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
GregSef, this is off current topic in this thread, but,,
Would any LeMons crews be interested on a package of perfect cars for it?
I offer 2 Milanos, one would run great with fresh fuel lines and fuel, a Verde with no engine and a 164 with engine donor?
I will take $1500 for all 3, may throw in lots of other parts to the right buyer.
Will Only sell all 3 as a package. Need to clean up and finish some projects so I can retire.
Hi Glen,

Tempting, I have too many cars as well though.

Greg

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I am in the middle of prepping my Milano (Angelina) for the next LeMons race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) I spent some time going over the transaxle and thought I was done but at the last minute had a thought that I should take a look at the clutch cover that has been in the car for about 6-8 years and about 12k racing miles. Lo and behold there were 3 tiny imperceptible cracks propagating around the nose of the clutch cover. In my GTV6 I have experienced the clutch cover breaking while the motor is wound up and it is frighteningly violent.

So I decided to bite the bullet and develop a clutch cover reinforcing girdle like some of the ones I've seen in pictures. It bolts in and fits without any modification to the cross member, all that is required is to machine a diameter on the nose of the cover. Here are some pictures of the build in process.

I don't have the time inclination to make more than the 3 I have made but Andy at Performatek is going to be taking the project over so if anyone is interested in them contact him.

Now onto engine management...

Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
I am in the middle of prepping my Milano (Angelina) for the next LeMons race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) I spent some time going over the transaxle and thought I was done but at the last minute had a thought that I should take a look at the clutch cover that has been in the car for about 6-8 years and about 12k racing miles. Lo and behold there were 3 tiny imperceptible cracks propagating around the nose of the clutch cover. In my GTV6 I have experienced the clutch cover breaking while the motor is wound up and it is frighteningly violent.

So I decided to bite the bullet and develop a clutch cover reinforcing girdle like some of the ones I've seen in pictures. It bolts in and fits without any modification to the cross member, all that is required is to machine a diameter on the nose of the cover. Here are some pictures of the build in process.

I don't have the time inclination to make more than the 3 I have made but Andy at Performatek is going to be taking the project over so if anyone is interested in them contact him.

Now onto engine management...

Greg
That's a great idea!

But if it doesn't work out I hear that there will also be Pumpkin Chunkin at NH. Go tell the Chunk Norris team you want to fling your broken transaxle far far away.

OK poor attempt at humor. But Lemons and Punkin Chunkin really should figure out how to do something together.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I finally have the car in a semblance of readiness, so I took it to a local Autox. It performed almost flawlessly with the biggest problem being the charger for the GoPro didn't work. I was not the fastest or the slowest Alfa there, I guess 2nd out of 3 will have to do. I don't mind finishing behind a new Giulia QV4. Now for some serious testing!

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Tail lights conundrum

I am in the process of building a new GTV6 endurance race car. During the the long glorious life of the car there is a high likely hood of the car being gently tapped in the rear by a lesser car. It seems GTV6 tail lights are becoming kind of rare and expensive.

So rather than sacrificing a set of tail lights I am going to mount something else to the rear of the car. I'd like some that contributes to the sexy looks of the car yet is readily available and inexpensive.

So please chime in with your opinions. Personally I always liked the less is more looks, like the Ferrari Dino tail lights. Im thinking about the new 4' LED round truck lights.

And please no "Why u rune Klassic" comments.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
What about Led light bars mounted in the slotted opening from the old Alfetta lights?

341 - 350 of 350 Posts