Respectfully I disagree. I have kept the power steering in my LeMons race car for the 10 years I have been running it, that along with keeping the stock brake master cylinder WITH the booster is a good idea in my opinion.Ditch it. I run an Alfetta non power rack, steering effort is fine. Ed's right though the rate is a little slow.
Punted into a wall, from what I understand, too much damage to fix!Thanks Kevin - very helpful.
When you say your verde was trashed, what do you mean? crashed destroyed or literally thrown away?
On that note, if ANYONE here has an Alfa racer they want to part with it, I'm all ears. Would prefer to buy a complete car and pick up the ball on development than start from 100% scratch.
Congrats!OK, so @Caxny and I are finally building a car....GTV6 instead of a Milano. In the stripping process and have some questions:
* Helmet room/roll bar legality: It seems this is going to be tight. I'm 6'2" and we may have a driver even taller. I assume we should buy and test fit/mount a seat before doing the cage so we make sure that the roll bar/main hoop will be high enough and we also get the harness bar in the right spot?
* Any recommended seats and mounting methods? being lemons, we are leaning towards a sparco sprint entry level seat, but if that's a mistake, let us know. Whatever seat will need to be mounted so its adjustable - how do we get it low enough for adequate helmet room?
* Dashboard - seems a shame to completely rip this out as the guages all work and the center binnacle has lots of spaces for switches. Do you recommend keeping the dash, removing the dash but reusing the guage/switch binnacles or do people chuck this altogether? I've seen both on gtv6s online and one where a center crossbar was implemented with stock dashboard.
Thanks! Look forward to joining you guys, hopefully for a debut at buttonwillow in Sept.
We have a Sparco, I forget which model. I’m 6’1” 34” waist and I fit fine. I believe you need sliders with tabs on both sides. Check the rules. I think we used Recaro sliders.OK, so we have out GTV6 stripped and need to get a seat ASAP. Concerns are:
- We need a wide/XL seat that also can be set up to easily adjusts fore and aft (can you use stock sliders?)
- Sits low enough for helmet room and still stay under the cage enough.
- Comfortable yet budget friendly
Any recos? Wes I called you and left a message a week or two ago -- maybe just easier to post here?