Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, It's been yrs, Chrysler did this in the 60's, left handed threads on the left side? I came to find that the 71 GTV IS THE SAME WAY! lol. I about busted my arm trying to undo the lugs.. LOL I now have Mustang GT wheels on it, and looks so much better!

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Yup, I think '71 would have been the last year. I guess they eventually realized that, laws of physics notwithstanding, none of their RH thread competitors had left wheels just falling off their cars. I remember as a teenager breaking the lugs nuts off my 48 Willys panel truck. I'd never even heard of LH threads!

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Anybody know where to buy decorative Lugs for fancy rims. I got a set of wheels from a friend and want to put them on my 67 boatail with left side still having righthand threads. Wonder if they are available anywhere.
Thanks!
STan

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Got it.. Just ordered from them .. Thanks So Much!
A whole lot easier than changing studs.. and get to keep originality in tack on the car too.
Thanks for the help!
Stan

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
You're right on that.. I was thinking I could just put a later series front disk on..so I took it off last night and tried the S3 front wheel disk and it won't fit. Too long so the nut won't fit on and scrapes when you turn it. The rear axle has smaller wheel bearings also, so no rear axle change either and the studs are smaller on both front and back. Glad to find the leftie Lugs. Would have to change the spindle assembly.. then would feel the need to change the passenger side to make them match. On the rear, pull the axle and emergency brake assembly to pound out the studs on the rear .. At that point the rear studs would be larger on both sides than the fronts. More mix up. Glad to stick with originals stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts