Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so noticing that brake lights remain on - mechanic reckons it's this switch which isn't releasing when brake pedal depressed. Anyone any experience of jerryfixing a part to make this work? This is what we're looking at....

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Does unplugging the switch turn the lights off?

That is something that can happen when the switch goes bad. I had an issue with my S2 where the pedal was sagging and constantly pressing the switch-keeping the brake lights on. I however, just had to tighten up a couple loose nuts on the pedal box....

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
never opened one of those, prob. not worth it for the 10 quid they cost... used on various models/cars

if you press the end, does it spring out again? if not the return spring will be broke, or it has gummed up inside.

is that orange thing supposed to be on there? what use does it have?
I see that on some new ones advertised online, so just wondered if it was a packing thing to protect it, which should have been removed when fitting?

mine doesn't have that
brake switch.JPG

if you search the original alfa PN 7627401 you will find them in AUS too I would think, various makes out there Sipea, Facet, FAE etc

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes, I have a 83 spider and the switch sort of looks like yours. They are hopeless and stick on. I think its caused by the right hand conversion and the poor bracket they mocked up. I have to tap the pedal from time to time to sort mine. The button part sticks on the stopper on the pedal. Ive been meaning to redesign mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts