Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Alfa Romeo Graduate
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been repairing some of the dead clocks in approximate 1983 Spiders (the red style clocks). Sometimes they just cannot be fixed. However, I found a very nice substitute that fits behind the bezel and looks close to stock. The size of the digits is a little larger than OEM, but they needed to be a little bigger anyway.

There is a battery built in that keeps the time regardless of whether the +12 VDC is applied or not. I have it connected so that it comes on whenever the key is on. See picture (but it is hard to take a good picture of a LED display). The display will also rotate to show voltage, temperature, date, if you choose to do that.

The source is here.

IMG_3294.JPG

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have been repairing some of the dead clocks in approximate 1983 Spiders (the red style clocks). Sometimes they just cannot be fixed. However, I found a very nice substitute that fits behind the bezel and looks close to stock. The size of the digits is a little larger than OEM, but they needed to be a little bigger anyway.

There is a battery built in that keeps the time regardless of whether the +12 VDC is applied or not. I have it connected so that it comes on whenever the key is on. See picture (but it is hard to take a good picture of a LED display). The display will also rotate to show voltage, temperature, date, if you choose to do that.

The source is here.

View attachment 1681174
Adding the ability to see the temperature that’s nice

Ken

·
Registered
560 Posts
The clock in my '88 Spider croaked last year. I used one of these in green, then laser-cut a piece of smoked acrylic for the lens, and 3D-printed an internal support for the switches. Works great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts