Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies, I know this has been discussed before but for the life of me I can't find the thread, Luddite Alfista that I am!
I know you can buy replacements and will do so if necessary but wanted to see what one of these little buggers look like and if poss get the dims so I can have a go at creating myself.
All help gratefully accepted.
Thanks.
Damien

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
My 69 Junior 1300 should have one and I have yet to do anything about it(bad Alfa Owner)
And I have to fix the glove box also it has two bad cracks . Anyone fix one before? I was thinking fiberglass ???

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
My 69 Junior 1300 should have one and I have yet to do anything about it(bad Alfa Owner)
And I have to fix the glove box also it has two bad cracks . Anyone fix one before? I was thinking fiberglass ???
maybe it's only 68 roundtail up. My 67 duetto didn't have one or look like it ever did.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Leather tab/pull on 68 Spider Glove Box

Judgedamo

best I could do dimension wise with calipers in one hand, camera in the other and not spilling my glass of wine--

3.3mm thick --looks to be leather dyed black as evidenced by the original leather showing through at the bend--.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Judgedamo

best I could do dimension wise with calipers in one hand, camera in the other and not spilling my glass of wine--

3.3mm thick --looks to be leather dyed black as evidenced by the original leather showing through at the bend--.
pics did't come through

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many thanks Gentlemen, all the info I asked PLUS much more!!!
Alfabb is a wonderful place to be a member
Damien

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
for Future Reference

Anyone know if these tabs also came on the 66-67 Duettos?
I believe they are only on the 1750s--
This tab was not original on 66-67 Duetto's (1600 Spider Veloce)105.03
Avoiding the confusion of model year ... it is found on these Roundtails:
105.57 EURO
105.62 USA
105.91 Spider Junior

The glove box was originally molded from a Polystyrene plastic. The interior surface was coated with a black flocking (mouse fur).
An exterior wrap of GRP Glass Reinforced Plastic mat can be used to strengthen the glove box. Epoxy resin rather than Polyester will result in a better bond with the original glove box material.

·
Registered
330 Posts
This tab was not original on 66-67 Duetto's (1600 Spider Veloce)105.03
Avoiding the confusion of model year ... it is found on these Roundtails:
105.57 EURO
105.62 USA
105.91 Spider Junior

The glove box was originally molded from a Polystyrene plastic. The interior surface was coated with a black flocking (mouse fur).
An exterior wrap of GRP Glass Reinforced Plastic mat can be used to strengthen the glove box. Epoxy resin rather than Polyester will result in a better bond with the original glove box material.
Damien,

The leather pull tab for the 69's from Reoriginals is the one I've installed. It looks good, wasn't too expensive and seems to be holding up. Shouldn't be hard to cut one out if you prefer, especially with the photos and dimensions from Flivesay (Frank).

Eastwood sells a great kit to reflock the interior of the glove box. It's REALLY messy, but works very well. Makes the interior of the glove box look like new.

Chuck

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts