Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I hope this finds you as well as can be given the times and that you’re staying safe.

I’m going to need to re-trim my seats at some point and I’m wondering how many, if any, of you have done that with leather rather than the more typical vinyl seat kits.

I know I’m likely looking at a custom job, but when I was driving the car this morning I was imagining opening the door and having the scent of leather greet me.

Hope y’all get some driving in, thanks in advance for the thoughts.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll take that as a “no” then.

;)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Check the parts catalogue (and the material sample pack and reference materials which has been scanned and listed on Alfa bb) that has the lists the paints chips and materials used an the 2L to see if leather was an original factory option for the 2L
Regards Steve

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning. I hope this finds you as well as can be given the times and that you’re staying safe.

I’m going to need to re-trim my seats at some point and I’m wondering how many, if any, of you have done that with leather rather than the more typical vinyl seat kits.

I know I’m likely looking at a custom job, but when I was driving the car this morning I was imagining opening the door and having the scent of leather greet me.

Hope y’all get some driving in, thanks in advance for the thoughts.
I re-did my ‘78 in red leather, same pattern as stock about 15 years ago and it’s still nice. Had a local upholstery shop do it but I don’t remember if they found them somewhere or stitched them up from scratch.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right on - they look great still

·
Registered
637 Posts
This guy made my seats and the pictures are the 1972 style. He will do leather or leatherette.Classic Seats in Texas

thumb_Monte Carlo in beige Alfa design.jpg Monte Carlo leatherette seats in Alfa Design.JPG

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, looks like nice work.

I think I’m going to drive by the Custom shop or use and see what it all set me back to have them re-create the original design but in leather. My guess is somewhere around $1400

·
Registered
240 Posts
$1400 would be a smokin’ deal. Just ordered enough black leather for 71 GTV seats and door panels (actually, the backs of the seats are still going to be in vinyl basket weave). $1200 - just for the leather. CTL leather is my source. CTL Leather Inc

Well, I guess you could use cheaper leather....

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"My" guy is very cost effective, but likely is using thinner material. He re-did my Jensen Interceptor seats and they looked great but not quite to same standard as new (little would have been frankly).

I actually ordered $10 worth of those packets from Amazon to try it out, worth a large fancy Starbucks to try it. Ha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts