Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really sorry to have to start a new thread on this subject but most of the leather discussion on the BB seems to revolve around newer cars like the 164.

My 1968 1750 Gt Veloce has a factory fitted leather interior, maroon in colour.
My problem is that I cannot seem to find a good leather rejuventaing product that DOESN'T seem to make the colour finish up all over the rag that I am using. I have deffered trying to keep the seats and door trims looking good as I am scared that I am going to take the colour out of the seats and leave them looking patchy.

Annoyingly, I have two other cars with leather; my 1992 BMW E34 and a pair of Porsche 911 seats from the early 70's in my 2002 and neither of those suffer from the same problem with the same products.

I have read around here that leatherique is very good, and I've seen and read many recommedations of 'Gliptone' in Classic and Sportscar over the years. I have no problem with spending the money on these products but I dont want them to have the same problem.

So am I going to ruin the seats if I find colour coming off onto the rag?

Is there a product out there to look for?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
A full leather interior is pretty rare on any 105 car, as far as I know. Although Woolies Trim is on the wrong side of the planet from you, their range of leather care products is excellent. They also stock all kinds of other interior trim items, and is a very well known company in the UK.

Hope this helps!

Alex.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Jon,

Is the leather in my 1968 Alfa likely to be the real thing, or should it be treated like a 'chrome' leather? And are you suggesting that it should be theoretically impossible for me to remove the colour or pigment from the seats and upholstery by using the wrong product?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Using anything high / low on the pH scale will damage the leather and possibly remove the pigmentation.

Leather cleaners should be around pH 8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts