Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with my paul s. motor mounts. amd energy suspension polly tranny mount , there is almost/ if any shift tower movment.. so as i am designing my new dash and center consule.. i am going back and forth on this,, leather boot would be easy,, ferrai type shift gate.. much harder,, lots of mesurments to get it right..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
shift gate will look stupid due to the style of lever and arc of movement (ie it will be huge). It would still need to be mounted to the trans, not the tunnel, or it would have to be even bigger to allow for tolerance for movement (even thou youv;e rebushed, you don't want any significant lateral or longtitudinal load on the shift lever)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Randell, you are an Artist!

No wonder there is(was) a n Autobianchi line of cars in the 60's!

Are you genetically connected?

Forza Bianchi!

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
elio.. i am the one they don't talk about..:):)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
*** - I've clearly missed an episode.

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
:):) gtv27 i have been running this way for about 8 months now,..i had the t5 and motor togeather for about a year.. even nicer.. no 2 peice steel driveshaft and that power sucking donut..i am useing a 1 pece alumiumn driveshaft now..soooooo smooth

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
next monday/tuesday( my days off ). i will set up a mount to get an idea, on how to get the gates right..

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Go for it! All my theories (so far) as to how to mark the paths for the gates are too complicated so far, so I'll be interested to see how you map them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts