Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
78 Alfa Spider
94 Posts
I wouldn’t trust it forward of the pump. The fuel line that I received feels very “soft”. It’s great for the line exiting the tank connecting to the filter, and especially the sharp bend connecting to the Inlet side of the fuel pump on the S2. But I’ll say it again, it might say that it’s rated for 250psi, but having used it, I just wouldn’t feel comfortable with it forward of the pump.

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks Joseph!!

Any reason to do that vs. getting the below if it's available?

And so far, I don't think I need to replace that hose - just the ones after the pump. I'll confirm that the hose TO the inline fuel pump is in good shape - I want to say that's one the OP replaced (it's not the braided covering).

Then I'll either get the Centerline S hose or look into your clever solution!

·
Registered
78 Alfa Spider
94 Posts
Hi Adam,

That hose from Centerline looks like it goes forward of the pump. I'm unfamiliar with it as our Spiders are very different.
It took my a while to find that hose and cure some of the fuel line issues that I was having. They don't make the molded fuel line hoses for our cars any more so we're left with being creative.....and of course, helping each other on this BB.

Good luck

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Isn't the Centerline S hose the (low pressure) hose TO the pump ?
their advert says: "S-shaped fuel hose between the hard line and the fuel pump"

so this one on the S3 ?
pump hoses.jpg

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That hose from Centerline looks like it goes forward of the pump. I'm unfamiliar with it as our Spiders are very different.
Isn't the Centerline S hose the (low pressure) hose TO the pump ?
their advert says: "S-shaped fuel hose between the hard line and the fuel pump"

so this one on the S3 ?
Yes - from what I can gather, the Centerline hose is the one after the tank and into the inline fuel pump. So it's okay to be lower pressure and it's formed to make the S.

That hose on my car, last I looked at it, seemed to be okay and looked to not be the original (no cloth covering), so I think it's been replaced under my Dad's ownership. Might still need to be replaced of course, but I was just clarifying from Joseph's statement that I think the one from Centerline would be in the same area as what he used his "super hose" for. The problem I was dealing with at the time need FI (high pressure) rating as it was coming off the fuel pump and into the fuel filter so although it would have helped me with the twists and turns, he recommends not using it for high pressure uses. (Although, as Dom pointed out, they say it's fine.)

They don't make the molded fuel line hoses for our cars any more so we're left with being creative.....and of course, helping each other on this BB.
Yes- I'm finding that lots of parts aren't made (and happily found the 3D printing thread :) ) and this forum has been a huge positive. Everyone is super helpful and I'm doing my best to be helpful as well (as I learn things I can help with :) )

41 - 45 of 45 Posts