Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
1986 Spider, 59 Mga, 58 Berkeley, 35 Hillman, 72 Elan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you solve this? I have not found any replacements. It appears to be leaking out the electrical connector port. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as it's ruining my painted inner fender.
Household hardware Font Gas Circle Metal

Household hardware Font Gas Circle Metal

· But Mad North-Northwest
14,251 Posts
So that looks different from the ones I've seen, but I believe that's a brake differential pressure valve (BDPV). All it does is light the brake light if there is a difference in pressure in one side of the braking system. I assume A and P are "anteriore" (front) and "posteriore" (rear). This would happen if you had a leak on one side.

They were only used for a short while, with a dual master system that will light the light if one of the reservoirs gets low it really isn't necessary. You should be able to just bypass it with a couple of female-female fittings or something.

· Premium Member
1986 Spider, 59 Mga, 58 Berkeley, 35 Hillman, 72 Elan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gubi,
So BDPV is it. Well at least now I will know what to ask for. Although I'm pretty sure the answer is still going to be the same, not available. I will try your suggestion and find some couplings atleast for now. Maybe find a replacement some day. Thank you very much. Great advice!

· But Mad North-Northwest
14,251 Posts
Someone found a Volvo part that fits:

Link doesn't work, but if you search for Volvo 1273052 it looks like that's the current part. If the fittings are the same as noted in the post above it should be fairly easy to make work I'd think, though you'd have to plug two of the ports.

But again, it's not really necessary and you can bypass it if you like.

· Registered
11,718 Posts
what car is this for?
your avatar says 86 spider, but that Benditalia part looks like something from the 70's !
Does your 86 have a brake pressure warning light?

Why don't you open it up and try fix it?
Fluid will only escape out of the electrical connector if the 'piston' seals are leaking
this is a BB photo from 15 years ago
Font Auto part Gas Fashion accessory Metal

Attachments

· Registered
5,002 Posts
My '67 Ford Cortina had one of those type switches. As was previously said, they were only required for a short time then the dual master cylinders were mandated here in the USA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts