Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Funny thing. The heating system in my 1300 ti has been completely watertight since rebuilding it under the supervision of Glenn Oliveria several months ago. Strangely, the day after parking the car outside in Marin, during a heavy frost, it sprang what seems to be a very small, but nonetheless disconcerting leak. (Is there a connection, or was it sheer coincidence?) I know we cranked down nice and tight on all the hose clamps, so i'm suspecting the heater core itself has sprung a tiny leak. I dread the idea of removing the unit, disassembling it (think Chinese puzzle) replacing the heater core, reassembling the unit, and reattaching it under the dash. For those of you who haven't performed, the operation, it involves something on the order of ten hours of labor, not to mention a series of contortions that are guaranteed to wreck the lower back. That said, does anyone know of a magical nano-particle-based product that when fed into the radiator, can seek out and plug leaks of this nature? If not, my inclination is to circumvent the heater core, blow the coolant out of it, and wait until I can find a professional masochist who would undertake the repair for less than $1,000. Along those lines, does anyone know a source for Giulia heater cores?

Cheers,
AA

1 - 1 of 1 Posts