Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for your patience, I will have upgraded LCD units in about 2 weeks or perhaps less. I was able to gain access to the bonding lab, fabricated another run of polyimide connectors using my original tooling , and all is ready to go (barring any unforseen events!)

Everyone that has asked me and is in my queue=-- I will be emailing you as soon as I complete the first run ; sometime by middle next week if all goes well!
Thanks all

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish

No unfortunately. The good news is the price hasn;t increased either. $550 including return shipping with core.

bob

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warranty question

I can;t offer 'lifetime' simply because I can not set any expectations on the very long term. Someone calls me in 15 years with a segment out (That was likely caused by PCB driver issue not LCD bond) and who knows what I will be doing (hopefully retired but you never know!) There are also specific legal performance requirements associated with 'lifetime warranty".

I warrant for 12 months. I have NEVER had a failure in service with over 300 unit/years in service. That is NOT to say that it will never happen-- someday it might. If it does, I will work with whoever to make it right as best as I can. I had one that I fixed where someone dumped coffee down the front of the unit after it was reinstalled. I fixed it for him for a couple bottles of wine IIRC.

·
Registered
423 Posts
3 years ago I brought 5 LCD units home with me after visiting goats in San Diego. My repaired unit is working perfect and I haven't heard of any problems from the owners of the remaining units. So I can highly recommend this solution!

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LCD units READY and in stock!

Thanks all for the reco;s; I have upgraded displays IN STOCK and ready to go!

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts