Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the amount of rain recently here in Manchester, England I was in danger of drowning what with the amount of water dripping in via the sunroof.

I found the front ones easily enough and unblocked them. In the end I found them lurking in the boot/trunk with the left one being near the fuel overflow pipe. They were well blocked and very dry. I opted to use some domestic electrical cable whih had the right amount of stiffness and flexibility to clear the considerable blockage. In the end with the left side I had to dismantle headlining slightly to access where the plastic tube is fixed to the sun roof and push the cable through to make sure that the blockage was well and truly gone. I poured some water in the sunroof 'scuttle' and was rewarded with a good flow through the tube and onto the ground.

The right hand side was not so nearly awkward and I managed to clear it with having to dismantle half the interior.

I now have four fully functioning sunroof drains.

Left hand side of boot/trunk - sunroof drain and fuel overfloww

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Good job. No expense but time and your car is better protected from the elements! Ignoring these little things is what eventually ruins these cars.

Reactions: Mr Dunamis
1 - 2 of 2 Posts