Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a new tire that looks like the original spec 155x15 Pirellies on my 67 GTV?...I think they are 65 series...very tall profile...which look great.

OR a less expensive source than Re-originals for the period Pirellis?

Just want to do one last check before I commit.

Thanks,
R

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Your options are pretty limited in the 155/15. (BTW, the aspect ratio is 80) A set of Pirelli or Michelin from Coker will set you back $1000 or so. Vredesteins from Tires Unlimited in Ohio will be about 1/3 as much. The Vreds are a good tire, but don't look quite as good as the originals. Here they are on my Super:

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I believe the original tires were sized at 78 profile, 155 by 15. The Tire Rack has a tire that would work: a BFG T/A in 155/80SR15. They call it a performance all-season tire. The profile size difference would be negligible; for all I know, the 80 is just "rounded off" anyway. The tires are $62 each.

I have no association with the Tire Rack other than as a customer.

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
Ricardino:

This topic gets a lot of discussion on the 750/101 forum, since ALL Giuliettas & Giulias used 15" wheels. If your car is more of a driver and less of a show queen, the Vredestein & BFGoodrich tires mentioned previously are about your only options. Or, if you intend to show it, and $ is not an issue, then go with the Re-Originals Pirellis.

Beyond those three choices, I don't think there are a lot of other alternatives that make sense.

I'm running Vredestein's on my 101 Giulia spider, and think they're great. Tires Unlimited was my source.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts