Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any knowledge on larger AFMs to suit the 2.0 TS? I often hear of the V6 guys using a BMW AFM from a larger engine; 3.2 or 3.5 BMW in the Alfa 2.5 or 3.0. Anything like that apply to the 2 liter engines?

Easily interchangable? Connectors and signals the same?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doing a little more reading into the V6 swap, I think I understand that the original V6 AFM is 2.5" or 2.75" inlet and the BMW swap is for a 3" inlet. If this is the case, and if anyone can please confirm, then the TS inlet, at 3" already has no swappable option?

Is there a 3.5" or 4.0" AFM out there? It's not that the 3" is not enough, but after the 3", the air goes into a smaller square hole for the trap door. If there isn't a better (bigger) trap door, I'll just wait for the MAF project to be complete.

But I'd appreciate any knowledge on the matter.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure about that. It must be the same or similar to the big six BMW that the AFM came out of. Which is why I'm asking what people know about compatible AFMs for TSs. It probably should come out of a big four, like a 2.4 or 2.5. Unless of course the number of cylinders doesn't matter and the only thing important is the connector. In all discussions I've read, the voltage output is between 0-5 volts.

If that is so, the question should be, what Bosch AFMs are out there that are bigger than 3"?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Craig. I think I was slowly coming to that conclusion. I will go to a MAF someday. It will fit better into the engine compartment too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts