1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I have two Fulvias for sale,

a 1970 Series One Fulvia Coupe, very good condition, 8500 dollars

and, a 1969 Fulvia Series One GTE Sedan, fair condition, 5000 dollars.

I will have photos available late this weekend.

The cars are located near Hagerstown, Md,

I also have a certain number of spares, usually to be sold with the cars, or perhaps later, after the sale. I have owned the GTE since 1999, and the Coupe since 2002. Downsizing my collection to pursue other interests.

Please contact me via email : [email protected], or call 304.274.1337 later in the evenings.

Thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Wow Jay! I wish I was in a better financial position right now, as I would surely take you up on them both if I had the chance!

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Alex,

Had I known, perhaps I should have set up a Buy Here, Pay Here sort of thing....

You just want to have a level playing field when you take on Harlan and his Fulvia Zagato on the DC chapter driving tours........

Jay

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I'll stay tuned for the pictures & details... have always wanted one of these.

Is there the equivalent of international auto parts for these cars?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Waiting for pics. Are these 1.6 or 1.3 ?

Baktash

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Is there the equivalent of international auto parts for these cars?
Not really - there is Mike Kristick in PA who can supply you with most parts. Be prepared for writing checks, as he doesn't take credit cards, and you'll need to call for the parts you need, he's not too internet friendly. As someone who's owned an Alfa for a long time, and was used to the convinience of IAP/Centerline (even if neither carries much support for Alfettas), I have to say I've had to "adjust" to the pace of Lancia suppliers.
There is also Omicron in the UK, who I've heard nothing but great things about, however I've never gotten them to answer a single email to date (and I'm not calling England for parts - yet!).

That said, the Fulvia is a fantastic car, and you'll be happy to jump through hoops just to drive it.

@73 Montreal: these are most likely 1,3 variants, even a ratty 1,6 coupe will cost you more than both of these combined.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Not really - there is Mike Kristick in PA who can supply you with most parts. Be prepared for writing checks, as he doesn't take credit cards, and you'll need to call for the parts you need, he's not too internet friendly. As someone who's owned an Alfa for a long time, and was used to the convinience of IAP/Centerline (even if neither carries much support for Alfettas), I have to say I've had to "adjust" to the pace of Lancia suppliers.
There is also Omicron in the UK, who I've heard nothing but great things about, however I've never gotten them to answer a single email to date (and I'm not calling England for parts - yet!).

That said, the Fulvia is a fantastic car, and you'll be happy to jump through hoops just to drive it.

@73 Montreal: these are most likely 1,3 variants, even a ratty 1,6 coupe will cost you more than both of these combined.
Mike Kristick is old school but a great guy. His prices are old school, too...much cheaper than Omicron. When the throwout bearing on my Fulvia disintegrated, Mike sold me a new one dirt cheap and even loaned me his clutch alignment tool. "Just send it back along with a check when you get a chance."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to back up what both fiatosca and sfalfa have already pointed out, that Mike Kristick has been a very important resource for Lancia spares. I first met Mike in 1996, I would have been lost without his parts support for my first Fulvia Coupe and of course, he has supplied nearly all the parts for the other Fulvias as well.

His prices are very fair, I have had a number of occasions where I had requests from friends in Italy to bring parts over with me from Mike, simply due to the advantage/lower price Mike would offer.

What people may not realize, is that Mike can locate, obtain somewhat rare Alfa parts as well, but since his main business is Lancia spares, he would need a 100 per cent deposit before a order could be place. He obtained a CSC exhaust system for my GTV6 when no one else had them.

Jay

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yup, just want to chime in and agree that Mike Kristick is the go-to guy and that someone should not be afraid of a Fulvia for want of parts. Mike has most everything and dare I say it is much cheaper than Giuietta parts.
Also curious to see photos of these cars as the prices seem well below market.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have purchased many, many parts from Both Mike Kristick and Omicron. Mike has also loaned me special tools from time to time. Both are very good resources. The shipping from Omicron is obviously more expensive, coming from the UK. But I think their prices are pretty much inline with Mike's. Of course, the dollar continues to drop against the UK pound, so it's all relative.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fellas,

I have sold the Fulvia GTE, and to be honest, I really hated selling it. A bit like a death in the family, I had owned the car since 1999, and it has been on many excursions. Perhaps most notably, the 2001 Alfa convention in Nashville, when I had the pleasure of driving in tandem with a certain Joseph Fillip, the 2nd. Joe drove a 1971 1300 Alfa Giulia. It must have been 96 degrees F for most of the journey, I thought Joe was cooking pasta inside his Giulia that day....what a great deal of fun it was.

So, in working on the 1970 Fulvia Coupe, and driving it, I just can not part with it at this time. Sorry to disappoint anyone who inquired.

My best suggestion is to buy a car in Italy, even on ebay.it and have a fly/drive vacation, drive it up to Antwerp, and ship it back. I can help people with the routes up through Lake Como, Switz, and into Eastern France, a stop at the Schlumpf collection in Mulhouse, Nancy, Brussels, and Antwerp.

The sold GTE came from Charleroi, Belgium, as there were not any available here in the US.

Jay

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was cooking tacos in my Super that day, not pasta! And yes, I remember that road trip well (and with great fondness). Unbelievable that you sold the GTE; glad that you came to your senses and are keeping the coupe.

Jay helped me in my purchase of my '71 1600HF Fulvia Coupe in Italy ten years ago (which, happily, I still own). The car purchase was great, but the resulting road trip from Milan to Antwerp was the cherry on the sundae. I highly recommend that route for anyone with an interest in owning one of these wonderful cars. -- Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts