Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone got images or could take an image of the headliner in a Fulvia Zagato for me? I am redoing mine or rather making a new one! I need to know if the headliner covers the cross beam of the roof so it is hidden or is it like this;

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Fulvia parts catalogue page

here's the Fulvia Sport interior page from the Fulvia parts catalogue; headliner below header beam. There's no real detail of the headliner, but if you look closely there's a seam at the header beam. This is for a blind pocket or series of blind loops that go over the header beam to keep the headliner from sagging.

FulviaSport int.jpg

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, but I am not so sure thats how it is. As far as I can see from the remnants the fabric is stitched to some thin foam and this is then glued to the roof (just spen an afternoon scraping the remains of the foam off! so despite what the official Lancia book shows I do not think there are any loops as such to hold the lining from sagging. I do agree though that the liner appears to be stretched over the beam hidding it as opposed to the image I posted.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
If you've been scraping foam, that's your answer about the attachment.

The catalogue doesn't show any attachments; I was just guessing from what little can be seen in the catalogue and what I know of some other headliner attachments. For questions like this, parts catalogues are a lot more useful than repair manuals, but they still don't show everything.

In any case, it answers your main question: the headliner definitely hides the header beam.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Ed, I agree, the problem I had was how the headliner went over the beam. does it bridge over it from the front to rear or is it glued to all 3 sides?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I'd be very surprised if the headliner was glued to the header beam. The foam lining you found would make the headliner 'float' independent of the structure; given that, gluing the headliner directly to the beam wouldn't make much sense.

Good luck. Replacing the headliner is the only major thing I have left to do in my interior.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If it is the same as a coupe it will cover the the beam but will not be glued - none of the roof is glued, it has horizontal spring rods in the headlining - only the elements running down the A, B and C pillars are glued. The roof has an "anti-drumming" or insulation foam glued to it, but this disintegrates over time. Replace this with something more modern. Make sure the adhesive you use is capable of high temperatures, otherwise when the sun shines your headlining will droop !!
I would ask your question on either Viva Lancia or LMC UK Forum for the best chance of a specific reply
Good luck
Neil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts