Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling some Alfa parts on ebay for a friend and among the Alfa stuff was this NOS Lancia piece. I don't know if it is aftermarket or not. It is, of course, aluminum. Has a small dent near the top which can be seen in the picture. I expect I'll put it on ebay but I'm afraid that the two guys in the country that might have a use for this piece won't be watching that week.:rolleyes: Anybody have an idea what this might be worth or know who might be interested in it? I expect it's near-unobtainium but with a pretty narrow market.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
You do indeed have a rare piece, and it is NOS, not aftermarket. But you're right--there is a very narrow market, and 'rare' doesn't always translate into 'very valuable'. You say 'of course it's aluminum', but most Fulvia Sports were steel; only the earliest cars--about 475 made between 1966 and 1967--were all aluminum (all of the +/-202 of the 818.132s and the first +/-275 of the 818.332s). I don't know how many of these survive worldwide, but I know of only about 8 in the US.

If you put it up on eBay, to make sure that the right people see it, you should also post a notice of the auction on the following forums:
65 Fulvia
The Lancisti Forums - Powered by vBulletin

If you'd rather sell it privately, PM me and I can give you the contact info for the person who handles Fulvia spares in the US. He also has a couple of the all-Al Sports himself, and would probably be interested in this.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the great info, Ed. I'll contact the owner tonight and see what he wants to do.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Thanks for the great info, Ed. I'll contact the owner tonight and see what he wants to do.
Happy to help. BTW, the fellow I mentioned with the pair of all-aluminum Sports (and the spares) is only about 75 miles from Hagerstown.

·
Registered
518 Posts
A nice piece, it is the sort of thing that is hard to sell at a sensible price but even harder to find if you need it! There was an entire aluminium sport for sale in Italy a few weeks back which could have done with this section.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Paint it and hang it on the wall ;-)

A couple of price points from similar NOS parts that I either bought (Flavia) or sold (Abarth Zagato - even rarer)

Flavia PF coupe rear fender: $300
Abarth 750GT Aluminum Door Skin: $250
Abarth 750GT Aluminum engine lid skin: $270
Abarth 750GT engine lid: $270
Abarth Aluminum windshield surround: $470

So you see, you should probably get money in a similar range but who knows.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts