Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Simon

Just found out more info on the Lancia

It has a narrow angle (12 degree) DOHC V4 1.3 engine!!! (Kind of like the VW VR6) interesting...

And it's FRONT wheel drive...

not that interesting anymore then... sigh... :eek:

·
Registered
992 Posts
alfa_chan said:
Hmm... interesting car...
I still prefer an American mustang though :p
Yeah, I agree. It's interesting but not my favorite.

Speaking a Bertonesque cars...take a look at an early BMW CSI and then look at a GTV. The similarities are uncanny. Obviously they are different cars but I believe the guy who designed the CSI used to work for Bertone or something...I can't remember exactly...I do know there was some crossover:

http://www.nynetwork.com/bmw-pix-1.html

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
ebay lancia

a customer purchased the car cuz he wanted us to turn it into a full on vintage racer. once again, another eBay rust bucket! dunno what is gonna happen with the car now. anyone interested?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Fulvia was hugely successful in motorsport. It was built between 65 - 76. It had a narrow angle vee-4 and could have a 1216 / 1298 / 1584cc engine. Power ranged from 80bhp DIN to 115bhp DIN, and max torque from 77lb.ft to 112lb.ft. Gearbox could be 4 or 5 speed. The hot one was the 1600HF and 1600HF Lusso launched in 1966. These were originally HF cars were meant to be competition versions, but inevitably the public queued up for them.
Another interesting version was the Fulvia Zagato.
The Monte Carlo was not a Fulvia, but a Beta. It was originally meant to be a larger Fiat, to complement the X1/9. It had a 1995cc engine, mid-mounted, with 5 speed gearbox. USA was key market aimed for.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Classic & Sports Car Magazine

There's a side-by-side comparison between a '68 GTV and a Fluvia in the July 2000 issue of Classic & Sports Car magazine. The Fluvia is a sweet car. I saw one here in San Francisco last year-some guy on Russian Hill has a bright red one in excellent shape.

Cheers,

Ross

·
Registered
103 Posts
GTV/Fluvia

Well, I'll see if I can scan the article and post it as PDF's.

"The Lancia is easily the more refined and polished of the two, quality oozing from every pore. But it lacks the GTV's soul."

Did you know the Lancia is a front wheel drive?

Cheers,

Ross

·
Registered
103 Posts
GTV/Fluvia review/PDF available

I have PDF'd the article from Classic & Sports Car. There are five pages and each page has a file size of about 280KB. I am happy to e-mail these to anyone. you cvan contact me via e-mail at [email protected].

Cheers,

Ross

1 - 20 of 49 Posts