Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
ok

Hi Adan the body is with flared steel wheel arches, the car is running ok after i change the old eletronic ignition, if you can help i need help with the radiator fan and thermostat sensor on the radiator , because the are not connected i see red wire coming from the starter, i see blue wire , green wire and more ( the horn are not connect idem) i have the diagram but maybe you can help me better Ciao Felice
Ok that's good news. I will take some very close pictures of my wire so you can see. also I have a 70c fan swich in the radiator and the thersmostat is about 70 also. the temperature gage should go about little over 70. if it goes more then 80c is to hot. see the original thersmostat is 83c but when the car was brand new. now 36 years later you may want to keep it a round 70c. soon i will post some pictures. adan

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Well Done

Grazie Adan for the picture
today I test the montecarlo well usualy a drive a duetto nothing wrong with but the montecarlo the engine is veri strong up to 5500 rpm and 1st 2st 3 th gear the are very very fast because have short gearbox
with 4 gear i was going 140/150 with out rich the limit
I'm very happy with
Ciao Felice
WELL DONE, IN MY NOW I'M FIXING SOME AREAS IN THE FLOOR, THIS CAR I INTENT TO DRIVE IT ALOT. SINCE IS VERY COMFORD AND REALIBLE ENGINE. ALSO MY IS VERY SUPPRICE THAT HAS GOOD POWER. TALK SOON. ADAN

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
what do you think

Adan,

You're driving me nuts with these Fulvia pictures! I might have to try and buy my dad's old 1.3 HF back from the customer we sold it to!
so anthony how it was the test drive of the Fulvia Montecarlo this pass Saturday!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
so anthony how it was the test drive of the Fulvia Montecarlo this pass Saturday!
AMAZING! I could not believe how strong that little 1300 was. That car better be a keeper. The only thing I didn't like is that you took it home :( I need to borrow it for the weekend to get a good idea of how the car really is.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
yes i come by

AMAZING! I could not believe how strong that little 1300 was. That car better be a keeper. The only thing I didn't like is that you took it home :( I need to borrow it for the weekend to get a good idea of how the car really is.
yes I will came by in two weeks I will have some work done at your shop. and you can keep it after if fix a few days to drive it. no problem at all. the car I have do some small tricks. but they work. :cool: the car is getting better as I fix small things. to my suprise after 4000rpm it has a nice kick. it handles even at high speend it handles nice. see you in two weeks. here are some pictures of how the factory deliver the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
These are totally cool cars! Where can I find one to buy? And I'm not necessarily looking for a Monte Carlo, but a nice stock one. They remind me of the old Nissan Silvia of the same era.

Does the front wheel drive inhibit its performance? Not a big fan of FWD.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
These are totally cool cars! Where can I find one to buy? And I'm not necessarily looking for a Monte Carlo, but a nice stock one. They remind me of the old Nissan Silvia of the same era.

As to your first question, you'll have to look pretty hard to find one as nice as Adan's Montecarlo; it started out really nice, and he's made it even better. It's getting a little tricky to find one; it's harder to find a good one in the US than in Italy, but it's harder to ckeck out the condition of a car long distance. And you'll want to stick with a good car--don't buy a 'project'; if at all possible, have a prospective purchase checked out by someone who really knows Fulvias. And there's really no comparison with a Nissan Silvia; next to a Fulvia, the Silvia is an oxcart.

It's harder to answer your second question politely. I can only assume that you've never driven a Lancia Fulvia coupe or a Beta coupe. Or, for that matter, a Honda CRX or a Saab 9-3 Aero.

On the track, FWD has some serious disadvantages--for really high horsepower applications it's impossible. On the street, however, it's a whole different matter. A couple of weekends ago, I had my Fulvia HF (if you don't know, think of it as a Montecarlo on steroids) on a road event with a real mix of cars. On a twisty section at the western end of Mulholland Drive, the 356 in front was holding me up, the Diablo behind couldn't stay with me, and I wasn't really pushing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
As to your first question, you'll have to look pretty hard to find one as nice as Adan's Montecarlo; it started out really nice, and he's made it even better. It's getting a little tricky to find one; it's harder to find a good one in the US than in Italy, but it's harder to ckeck out the condition of a car long distance. And you'll want to stick with a good car--don't buy a 'project'; if at all possible, have a prospective purchase checked out by someone who really knows Fulvias. And there's really no comparison with a Nissan Silvia; next to a Fulvia, the Silvia is an oxcart.

It's harder to answer your second question politely. I can only assume that you've never driven a Lancia Fulvia coupe or a Beta coupe. Or, for that matter, a Honda CRX or a Saab 9-3 Aero.

On the track, FWD has some serious disadvantages--for really high horsepower applications it's impossible. On the street, however, it's a whole different matter. A couple of weekends ago, I had my Fulvia HF (if you don't know, think of it as a Montecarlo on steroids) on a road event with a real mix of cars. On a twisty section at the western end of Mulholland Drive, the 356 in front was holding me up, the Diablo behind couldn't stay with me, and I wasn't really pushing.

So, Ed, how come I never see your car out at VCR on Sunday mornings? Calabasas isn't that far from West Hollywood. and last Sunday, which was Supercar Sunday, there had to have been at least 500 cars there. Even Jay Leno showed up :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
No ... my Fulvia doesn't show any of the usual nasty FWD effects -- no pulling on the wheel when you apply throttle, etc. Actually, really nice steering is one of the Fulvia's best points, in my opinion.

I suppose part of the reason is that the 1300 engine doesn't have all that much torque ... but then neither did the BMC Mini, and that had/has horrible FWD characteristics.

(Or nice FWD characteristics, if you like that sort of thing ... oops I could be offending people here!)

Peter

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
So, Ed, how come I never see your car out at VCR on Sunday mornings? Calabasas isn't that far from West Hollywood. and last Sunday, which was Supercar Sunday, there had to have been at least 500 cars there. Even Jay Leno showed up :)
What? when? where? I'll drop by. Reply by private message, thanks.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
81 - 100 of 133 Posts