Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
up date

If the numbers on the chassis plate matches the number on the cowl stamp, then your chassis is correct (I don't think there was much doubt about this); but, as I said before, the engine has been replaced with the incorrect type, and the replacement engine does not have its original head.

As Fanalone pointed out in an earlier post, there are fake Montecarlos out there. It's possible that your chassis is a genuine Montecarlo, but the fact that it has an incorrect engine makes me suspicious.
here are some new pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I saw today

The chassis plate # is 818-630 xxxx and under the hood below the wiper arm on the passenger side is the vin # stamped on the car and the number is the same,
No i look again the more is 818-3002
I saw today the cylinder head has # 818-302 and block same. that means your fulvia cylinder head 818-140 is from another car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Fanalone i will send some picture tomorrw ( i got the car) another tip when I was cleaning the car on the passenger side on the low chassi i found another plate with 818-630 xxx I don't remember the full number the your car as the some plate ( i will send that picture too)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
that's

Hi Fanalone i will send some picture tomorrw ( i got the car) another tip when I was cleaning the car on the passenger side on the low chassi i found another plate with 818-630 xxx I don't remember the full number the your car as the some plate ( i will send that picture too)
yes what you found is the sub frame plate. Yes please post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Adan,

You're driving me nuts with these Fulvia pictures! I might have to try and buy my dad's old 1.3 HF back from the customer we sold it to!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
well

Adan,

You're driving me nuts with these Fulvia pictures! I might have to try and buy my dad's old 1.3 HF back from the customer we sold it to!
I know is tenting after I sold my Fanalone I could not wait to get this one. now my (ex) Fanalone is a Super Fanalone with his new owner, wait to you see it, then you may really go get the 1.3HF back.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
nice

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" media="(max-width: 640px)"> Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" media="(max-width: 960px)"> Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" media="(max-width: 1920px)">
nice do you have a picture of the back of the car. also the head is being replace before, no big deal. congrats do you have a parts source?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
how is running

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" media="(max-width: 640px)"> Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" media="(max-width: 960px)"> Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" media="(max-width: 1920px)">
how is running? if I can be any help let me know. like tuning. adan

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
pazzo, it's hard to tell from the photos if your 'Montecarlo' has flared wheel arches. a true Montecarlo uses the S2 1600HF bodyshell, with flared steel wheel arches. if the car has standard wheel arches, it's a replica--not a true Montecarlo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Adan the body is with flared steel wheel arches, the car is running ok after i change the old eletronic ignition, if you can help i need help with the radiator fan and thermostat sensor on the radiator , because the are not connected i see red wire coming from the starter, i see blue wire , green wire and more ( the horn are not connect idem) i have the diagram but maybe you can help me better Ciao Felice

61 - 80 of 133 Posts