Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
What impressed me was how agile the little car is and how willing to rev the engine is. Being the HF - it made a whole lot of noise - so I am not sure it would be a great long distance car - but I would like to own one as a play thing. I am sure the non-HF models are reasonable for everyday driving.

I actually jumped into the car after a drive in my 7 - in most cars you are immediately confronted with cars that feel big, heavy and disconnected - and whata impressed me the most was that the Lancia did not feel that way.
I've found the standard (non-HF) Fulvia to be a very good long distance conveyance. We've run ours on 800 mile + events and enjoyed it. The seats are comfortable, the suspension compliant, the handling is light and direct. The noise level in the standard car permits normal volume conversations with your navigator.

And, though I've not driven a Seven, the agility and responsiveness of the Fulvia exceeds anything that I've experienced on four wheels.

It's a usable daily driver as well: I've managed six cases of wine in the trunk with ease; it puts up with Bay Area rush hour crawls without overheating or complaint; the wipers and de-misting are adequate to cope with our winters. And, even driven briskly, it usually manages around 28 mpg.

What I really like about my Fulvia is its ability to transform a non-recreational trip into something sporting and fun.

Regards

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
new pictures receive today

One More Addition To The Collection I Have Always Wanted This Car 1972. Real Monte Carlo Version.
I receive this today. can't wait.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I owned a Fulvia 1.3HF from 1980 to 95.Also a Fulvia alloy-bodied Zagato during the same time frame.These cars handle beautifully without ANY torque steer. Series 1 Fulvias were sold in the Us through 1967.These models had the 1.3 V4 with a 4 speed gearbox. Examples of the standard(non-HF) 1.3 Fulvia coupe appear regularly on ebay at very affordable prices.Also I can vouch that parts are both available and reasonably priced.
The HF was the Fulvia equivalent (and contemporary rival of) the GTA.The HF had a steel body but was lightened by installation of alloy doors,hood and trunk lid,plus light weight seats and elimination of the bumpers.The HF engine had higher compression and hotter cams and was rated at 111hp-more than enuf in a car weighing in at 1815 pounds. Later on the Fulvia coupe got enlarged to 1600cc and came with a 5 speed.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
todays comperason

I owned a Fulvia 1.3HF from 1980 to 95.Also a Fulvia alloy-bodied Zagato during the same time frame.These cars handle beautifully without ANY torque steer. Series 1 Fulvias were sold in the Us through 1967.These models had the 1.3 V4 with a 4 speed gearbox. Examples of the standard(non-HF) 1.3 Fulvia coupe appear regularly on ebay at very affordable prices.Also I can vouch that parts are both available and reasonably priced.
The HF was the Fulvia equivalent (and contemporary rival of) the GTA.The HF had a steel body but was lightened by installation of alloy doors,hood and trunk lid,plus light weight seats and elimination of the bumpers.The HF engine had higher compression and hotter cams and was rated at 111hp-more than enuf in a car weighing in at 1815 pounds. Later on the Fulvia coupe got enlarged to 1600cc and came with a 5 speed.
today I had my GTV, 2000 Bertone and my Fanalone compare , boy there are two warriors of different places and the front wheel is better to steer. but the torque of the 2.0 liter. it does come very good on take off. the gears of the fanalone gives a more speed in the turns it also has incredible RPM, if I was to chose one I take both.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
more

today I had my GTV, 2000 Bertone and my Fanalone compare , boy there are two warriors of different places and the front wheel is better to steer. but the torque of the 2.0 liter. it does come very good on take off. the gears of the fanalone gives a more speed in the turns it also has incredible RPM, if I was to chose one I take both.
more pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Adan bought another car??? I better get one soon - so hard to keep up with this guy.

Congrats on the Monte Carlo. When does the Flavia Coupe arrive or do you have it already?

Mike

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
guess what

Adan bought another car??? I better get one soon - so hard to keep up with this guy.

Congrats on the Monte Carlo. When does the Flavia Coupe arrive or do you have it already?

Mike
guess what the Jr. Zagato is finaly done. after a long restoration 4 months ago. in reguards the flavia I was one date late, did not get it, that's why you see the GTV here. But the Montecarlo it would arrive no later 2 months from now. in reguard you said I better get one, well yes do it, is not only me out there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Adan, You are so much fun! It was great to meet you at the Best of Italy and France show.

Tomorrow my maroon 1973 1.3S that was parked next to you at the show will journey away to a new wonderful owner up in Oakland, Chris D.

I am now officially out of the Fulvia biz. But I can live vicariously through your wonderful enthusiasm, so thank you!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank You

Adan, You are so much fun! It was great to meet you at the Best of Italy and France show.

Tomorrow my maroon 1973 1.3S that was parked next to you at the show will journey away to a new wonderful owner up in Oakland, Chris D.

I am now officially out of the Fulvia biz. But I can live vicariously through your wonderful enthusiasm, so thank you!
THANK YOU I'm very happy that your Fulvia Found new home. here is a tip for chris for parts his name is Mike Kristick 1-717-292-2962 he has all he may need. hope to see you at the Alfa Club Concours. Happy New Year. adan

·
Registered
123 Posts
sorry to bring up this 'old' topic again....but i've been obsessively reading up about the Fulvia this afternoon....and saw your WONDERFUL Fulvia collection on here....fantastic!!

please post more pics if you can... cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lancias rock. Especially the beauts that Fanalone puts up. And while I deam daily of an un-molested, non-rusty stepnose or GTV that won't put a permanent crease in my wallet or my marrriage, I do have a Series I, a II and soon a III Fulvia to mess around with and try to get 10% as good looking as the ones shown here.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
There are two Fulvia Montecarlos for sale in the classifieds section of this month's Auto Italia magazine - one orange/black, the other dark green/black (RHD). I didn't realise that these were colour-coded according to the country in which each particular car was to be sold!

Alex.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mate, has that Fulvia just been in a Classics And Sport Cars??? I believe I just saw it the other day, in either a dealer advert, or in the Auction Result section?

Funnily enough, a recent issue of the same magazine had an article on the Fulvia in their 'First Classic' series. Looks great, congratulations!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have one

Lancias rock. Especially the beauts that Fanalone puts up. And while I deam daily of an un-molested, non-rusty stepnose or GTV that won't put a permanent crease in my wallet or my marrriage, I do have a Series I, a II and soon a III Fulvia to mess around with and try to get 10% as good looking as the ones shown here.
I have a Fulvia Montecarlo 2 weeks ago. it's very comfort seating, not as strong as the fanalone but is a joy to drive. also I look forward to drive. soon

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
There are two Fulvia Montecarlos for sale in the classifieds section of this month's Auto Italia magazine - one orange/black, the other dark green/black (RHD). I didn't realise that these were colour-coded according to the country in which each particular car was to be sold!

Alex.
The last batch of Montecarlos produced were color-coded in national racing colors (for those of us old enough to remember those): red (Italy), orange (Netherlands), yellow (Belgium), dark green (Great Britain), and blue (France).

And I've seen "Fanalone's" new Montecarlo--it's every bit as good as it looks in the photos!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
up date

I have a Fulvia Montecarlo 2 weeks ago. it's very comfort seating, not as strong as the fanalone but is a joy to drive. also I look forward to drive. soon
up date this photos were taken today

Attachments

21 - 40 of 133 Posts