Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first posting here, prompted by reading about Fanalone's restoration of his already healthy looking Flavia Coupe.

My car didn't start off quite so handsome, but then I got my car for free!!!

Originally, I was only to ferry the car from London to Aberdeen for a friend, but I managed to persuade my friend that the car would be restored much quicker if I did it. He very kindly accepted that this was true and the story starts there.

I'll write more about the restoration process in due course, but this was just a first message to say hello. I'll try to post pictures if I can work out how to!?:confused:

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congratulations, there is nothing better than a free car (usually :D). I know a few people in the LMC (UK) who have done a fair bit on these cars. Beautiful cars with one of the best dashboards ever !

If (as I guess) you are in the UK, I could probably put you in touch with them if it would be of use.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks "N",

I'm already wired into the LMC network. I've owned Lancias exclusively since 1989 and loved them for many years before that.

I'm also currently the membership secretary for the Lancia Thema Consortium, a greatly under-rated car that never made it to the US, and I've joined the Flavia Consortium too. Good bunch of lads with lots of helpful advice.

I take some comfort that there others out there as mad as I am:eek:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had a '94 Thema Turbo from 96 to 2004 (L39 GYH - it still about, in London I think). Great car.

to attach photos;

scroll down from the "reply to thread" box to the "Manage Attachment" button. This allows you to attach photos. You will have to reduce the size of them before attaching them. I use Picasa for that.

Look forward to seeing them.
Neil

·
Registered
830 Posts
This is my first posting here, prompted by reading about Fanalone's restoration of his already healthy looking Flavia Coupe.

My car didn't start off quite so handsome, but then I got my car for free!!!

Originally, I was only to ferry the car from London to Aberdeen for a friend, but I managed to persuade my friend that the car would be restored much quicker if I did it. He very kindly accepted that this was true and the story starts there.

I'll write more about the restoration process in due course, but this was just a first message to say hello. I'll try to post pictures if I can work out how to!?:confused:

Cheers
Mike
Hello Mike hope your flavia is doin well I must give you a heads up about brakes have Omicron do them you will save your self allot money and time I had 4 different people here in the U.S.A. none did it correct good luck adan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hello Mike, welcome on this website.
I suggest you some addresses useful for your restoration:
Spare parts Cavallito, Torino: ricambi lancia augusta, aprilia, ardea, aurelia, flaminia, appia, flavia, fulvia
If you need the new electronic ignition: Fulvia ignition
The Lancia tools book and the Lancia part numbers on CD: CD with Lancia Tools Book
The Flavia/2000 full documentation on CD:
CD's with Flavia and Lancia 2000 documentation
The most interesting Flavia website:
Tutto sulla Lancia Flavia - : Lo Stile, la tecnica, le immagini, i suoni, le gare

Have a nice work.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Adan, When I come to LA in a few weeks I want to eat off that motor!

-

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need to start doing the interior of my Flavia 2000 PF Coupé - I am thinking blue leather with dark grey carpets in a silver car, not sure if that is true to original - any thoughts? Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts